°▪1▪°

This chapter is dedicated to pinkboubba for voting for this story! TY :)

Notwithstanding the relieving cooling of the air conditioner, clear beads of sweat adorned Hwanwoong's forehead having to struggle with the zip of his large suitcase for the past three minutes.

"All jokes aside though," he grunted lowly while attempting to close the zipper for the last time, straddling the suitcase to aid his case, "Keonhee, I'll really miss you."

Throughout his childhood, Hwanwoong was undeniable ecstatic to reach the present milestone of his life.

Leaving his quaint town in the relatively small island of Jeju for university in the bustling metropolitan capital.

"Hwanwoong, we have phones, you know? We can still keep in contact," the speaker of his phone boomed.

Keonhee was the least bit affected having decided to stay back for his higher education. Nonetheless, being no different from any other human with emotions, he was undeniably low-spirited seeing off his closest friend to the mainland.

Deep inside, Hwanwoong hoped Keonhee would change his mind and come along with him to the foreign territory.

Not having a familiar on the other side was one of the reasons his chest clenched, pleading him to stay back.

"I know, you idiot! But you never know, we might still lose contact. Afterall, we did...with him."

From across the chaotic mess of discarded clothes, stacked up cardboard boxes and loosely flying papers of his room, Hwanwoong caught on to the low snicker of amusement erupting from him.

"Thinking about Youngjo again, I see? Come on! He'll have to come back to Jeju eventually, right? We'll meet him again," a slight humming pause caused Hwanwoong to stride in the direction of his bed, his phone lying in the dead centre of the mess, "Or maybe you'll crash into him somewhere in Seoul like in those dramas!"

"Don't be ridiculous! Seoul is a huge place," Hwanwoong laughed in his pleasantly sweet chuckle as he lifted his phone to his ear.

The last thing any of his family members needed to know was his high school crush on Youngjo.

"It would be a miracle if I don't get lost there."

"I know but one can always hope!"

Without his physical presence, Hwanwoong could detect the sardonic sweetness lacing his sticky honey voice.

A proof of their long established friendship.

Just like how Keonhee had deduced his feelings for Youngjo.

"Ha! Me and what red thread?"

Bluntness was all one would pick up from Hwanwoong. However under his veiled excitement, he wished so too.

Even with the slightest opportunity for hope, he would find Youngjo, albeit, being aware of the near impossibility.

"One can dream, right?"

-×-

Exhausted from the sheer amount of suitcases he had forced down and shut, Hwanwong submitted himself to the welcoming comfort of his mattress. A long sigh of relief was proof of his efforts.