Chapter 1: What we know so far

I would like to dedicate this story to midnightowl for inspiring me to write no matter what other people think. I found her authors note on 'Being a Black' really enlightenng and I love all her work!

The life of Narcissa

Chapter 1: What we know so far

Everyone knows the story of Narcissa Malfoy, don't they? The wife of Lucius Malfoy and mother of Draco Malfoy. The youngest of three sisters, Bellatrix- the most faithful death-eater of all time and the Dark Lords right hand woman as well as Andromeda, the one who married for love and not money, the wife of muggle born Ted Tonks and mother of half-blood metamorphmagus, Nymphadora. In short, Narcissa Malfoy was the perfect pure-blooded, aristocratic, ice-queen we all know and worship.
However, born on the 16th June, 1955 was not Narcissa Malfoy but Narcissa Black. You could say that Narcissa Malfoy wasn't 'born' until the 5th July 1976, shortly after her 21st birthday when she stated her wedding vows in front of the pure blood elite. Some people think that Narcissa Malfoy and Narcissa Black we're the same people but they're wrong. 'Black' and 'Malfoy' were merely two different souls or also commonly referred to as ideals drummed into the innocent blonde's head.
Narcissa always believed in magic. Not the type made by waving a wand and murmuring a deadly curse. She knew that existed. But the type made by emotions- their effects on people and the beauty of live. And of course miracles. Her Father always said that there was no such thing as shooting stars: that they were simply just mudbloods, drunk on fire whiskey flying around on brooms. He was afraid to admit that each shooting star was another member of the Black family falling from grace. After all, Black's were named after stars. All but Narcissa. That was a miracle in its self. Her name showed that she was never really a true Black but couldn't count herself as a proper Malfoy either. A miracle.

This story exposes the real Narcissa and her journey to becoming a Malfoy through a series of one-shots. After all, what's life without a little bit of magic?

A/N: Please vote/comment because it's my first story and want to know how to make it better <3