Chapter Eleven - Apologies

Y/N's POV:

jasper kicked me out afterward training, though that wasn't too surprising.

i remembered the box you threw out of your dads window yesterday on my way back to steven's, so i looped back to my house to grab it.

though, when i reached my house i saw at least ten cars in the driveway. confused, i crouched in front of the living room window and peeked inside.

my father was back.

with an entire city population, apparently.

i gasped quietly and snuck around to his window to grab the box. i wondered if my father even knew i was out. did he think i was in my room, patiently waiting for him? or did he know i was out, disobeying all the rules he had set?

i hopped the fence into ms. green's yard, starting back to steven's nervously.

-.-.-.-.-
garnet was standing by the rock that jasper had thrown through lion's portal earlier in the week when i arrived.

"hello, (Y/N)." she gave me a small smile.

"um, hi."

i remembered steven telling me she had 'future vision', whatever that meant, and i wondered if she already knew what i wanted to talk to her about.

she did. "you should tell him."

"i can't. my dad-"

garnet cut me off. "there will be consequences, yes. but it'll be worth it."

"do you know? what's coming?" i whispered.

"nothing you need to worry about." she gently patted my head and walked inside the house.

-.-.-.-.-
Steven's POV:

why was she making me so mad?

it could be a sensitive subject, so i shouldn't push it out of her. but i hate that she thinks she can't trust me.

when i returned home (Y/N) was standing on the porch. had she left the house, too? or was she waiting for me to return?

when i made it up the stairs i greeted her uncomfortably. "hi."

we both spoke at the same time. "i'm sorry." "im so sorry." she gave me a small smile and i laughed.

cleared my throat, letting an awkward silence wash over us. "no. i'm sorry. shouldn't have reacted like that."

she shook her head. "it's been a secret for so long, it's scary to think about telling you. it would mean putting you and your family in danger."

i inched closer. "you won't put us in danger. we can protect ourselves. and you." before she could respond, i hugged her tightly. she froze in surprise at first, but finally returned it and i swear i could feel her smile.

[ACTUALLY edited] (no one behaves like these characters irl)