Chapter Four: How to train your inner mage (Part one)

Mariah and Jordan got to work trying to make it stop. Max was falling into an unconscious state. Jordan was hardening the ground in Osmilia to slow the water from rising. Mariah was telling Max that he needed to breath and think about something else, and is worse came to happen, Jordan would have to blast him with Earth magic. Which may kill him. They realised quickly that nothing was going to work, they would have to resort to plan B. "Do it Jordan", Mariah said.
"What if he dies though and it doesn't stop?"
"It is something we have to be willing to try, no matter the consequence." Mariah was hoping that his state would improve from this, but she didn't get her hopes up. Jordan finally agreed after he thought about it. They didn't know how they would do this.

Jordan held his hands over Maxs' body and started a spell that he would usually use when there was a lake that they has to get across, which basically turned it to mud. Then was blasted with fire to dry it. He did that to Max, but it took much more effort then normal. Mariah was replenishing his strength but even she was getting weakened. After many hours of this, they finally got Max under control. Thankfully he was still alive, much to Jordan's dissapointment. Mariah told Max to go to sleep, so he did. Jordan and Mariah kept a close eye on him.

When Max woke up, he asked what happened. They explained everything to the finest detail. "That is so cool!" Max exclaimed, "does that mean I can learn magic too?"
"Yes, Max, it does." Mariah told him "But you must use it wisely, and as a last resort. We have many enemies which will be attracted to any use of magic. Which is why we must leave here and continue on."

After hours of walking, the three came to a stop. "Here will be perfect, there are no towns or huts around so we should be fine. We will teach you the rules of magic, before actually showing you how to use it." Jordan said.