Summer at Poseidon Point

Deep within a hidden cove in the middle of the ocean lies a little beach town named Poseidon Point. There the mayor sits with a group of students on an overnight camping trip. The fire crackles and snaps as dying branches and twigs gasped for their last breaths before tumbling into the ashes. The group tells stories around the warmth of the fire as they roast marshmallows. It's the mayor's turn to tell a tale when one member of the group speaks up.

"Madam, tell us the one about the summer that Olympus was born again." Her timid voice is barely audible as she awaits a response.
The mayor chuckles softly and smiles, remembering the story the young girl mentioned. She simply nods, takes a deep breath, and begins to tell her tale.

Centuries ago, the gods and goddesses of creation lived on Mount Olympus

Centuries ago, the gods and goddesses of creation lived on Mount Olympus. They were worshipped and trusted among the mortals. They believed their reign would last forever as they worked together to create the balance of nature, but they were sadly mistaken. One day, a pillar of their home came crashing down. Confusion filled the room as they began to panic. This could only mean one thing: the mortals stopped believing in the gods and goddesses. If this continued and more lost their faith, Mount Olympus would crumble and be rendered obsolete.

They fled from their home and searched for refuge among the mortals they once adored. Poseidon was the first to descend, always feeling more at home near the ocean waters. He found an island hidden from the world, occupied by only a few mortals. Access to the island was limited due to the rocky waters and jagged rocks blocking the entrance of the cove. It was perfect, quiet, and secluded. This would be his new home. However, the appearance would require assistance. The beaches were littered from the neighboring country. The waters cluttered with shipwrecks of previous visitors and clouded by sediment and toxins from the local farmlands.

Poseidon decided to call upon the other gods and goddesses for help to rebuild this island to its former glory. They worked hard to create an island paradise for the mortals who lived there and soon made it their home. Poseidon gave each god or goddess a specific job, while he remained near the sea, maintaining the beaches and tending to his normal duties. They blended in with the mortals and their existence becoming only a legend.

However, this all changed in the summer of 2020...

That year began much like a silent storm. The warning was there, but no one took it seriously, and then chaos took hold. Fires raged and a wave of turmoil headed towards them. A pandemic swept across the globe, causing humans to panic by staying home and wearing masks. Mortals are finicky creatures and many chose not to listen to the warnings. Cases of the virus rose to frightening peaks and that's where they thought nothing else could possibly go wrong. The mortals began to self destruct and crumble beneath the pressure of the world they created. Swarms of Murder Hornets and Locusts attacked. The mortals waged war against one another. Fire and destruction ran rampant in the streets. They struggled to find their identities and fought for change, but the pandemic was still lurking.