CHAPTER TEN

*Anne's pov*
Catherine held her stomach with both of her hands as she sank further into her bed in laughter. Her eyes were shut and she was smiling.

I gave her an annoyed look and one of my eyebrows rose in fraction but it just made her laugh even more. She was still in her hospital uniform and we were in her room. It was really bright and there were some flowers on her side table and she had her lunch in front of her and some pudding which she offered to me and I took.

She just couldn't wait to get out and not have to eat hospital food anymore. I  had the small pudding cup in my hand with the spoon and I ate it slowly as I sat next to Catherine in the seat next to her. But with how she was laughing,I paused and looked at her.

"Its not funny." I state but my expression stayed the same. She only chuckled more. I took another spoonful of pudding

"I don't know why you're laughing." I said with my mouth full before I swallowed. "Its like a...a..."

"Oh that's just how he is." She said.

"I mean I actually liked Sara. She was such a nice person but then he fired her on her second day for just the littlest thing" I remembered Sara who had blonde hair and she was a very tall person. But then duncan insulted her and fired her. The last time I saw her she was in tears.

"And just how many assistants has he fired?"

"Well lisa kept count and I've been trying to. So far there has been Sara,Eric, Lorraine,Summer, Toby...and I feel like I'm missing someone."Catherine just shook her head.

"Its obvious he's on something."  She said and I slapped her good arm.

"He is not on drugs,He's just a bitter... cold hearted man."

"You could've just said he was an ass." She replied me and yet again,I slapped her arm.

"You keep doing that and I'm going to hit you back." She pointed at me.

"Its just..."I sighed." Anyone who goes into that office always comes out with a look. I can't describe it but every time I see someone with that expression, it just makes my whole belly flip."

"Its a look of pure horror." Catherine turned to face me and I dumped my pudding cup aside."He's just like that. if he keeps firing people that quick,there won't be anyone left to hire."

"Still,there has to be something nice about him. Everyone has a good side. Maybe even him"

"Maybe." She continued."Only his is covered in his gigantic ego."
We both laughed at each other and I felt a soft sting in my bruised rib so I slowed down and finally stopped. I didn't want to touch my side so catherine could start suspecting something was wrong.

"You look white?" She said. I paused a little. I knew I was losing color but I didn't know it was that much. I had to throw her off the trail. With the way her voice was,she wasn't reading much into it.

"Maybe its just the fact that you said it would be funny to see mr west in barbie dress and now..." I blinked a couple of times and rubbed my temple."...I can't seem to get it out of my head."

"It would be funny."

"Horrifying!" I almost yelled. We sat smiling and chatting for a few minutes and I was glad she had forgotten my pale skin

"Hey,how's ginger?" Allison,or better known as ginger because of her red hair was Catherine's fifteen years old sister. She recently transferred to camila's high school and they were pretty much getting inseparable.

Allie transferred because she was such a shy person and she was picked on. But camila told her about her school and how everyone was super nice and friendly.