Snake in the Class

[Y/n] was sitting on the fountain at the entrance of Mephisto's own personal theme park 'Mepphyland', contemplating why the hell he was even there. Rin, Koneko, Shima and Bon sat with him while Takara and Yamada stood off to the side, one entertaining himself with his hand puppet and the other with his video game. Yukio and Tsubaki were there too, supervising the mission that still hadn't been explained to them because they were still waiting for Shiemi and Kamiki to arrive. [Y/n] sighed as he lazily ran his hand through Flor's fur.

"How did your team do on your mission?" Konekomaru asked, trying to start up a conversation to pass the time while they waited. Shima, Rin and [Y/n] all simultaneously groaned.

"I wouldn't call it a mission." Shima muttered in exasperation, glancing back toward the other two. "Would you?"

"A bigass squid's what I'd call it." Rin replied in an irritated tone.

"Don't forget the retail work and babysitting." [Y/n] added with a sigh. Bon and Konekomaru stayed completely silent, glancing at each other for a brief moment before looking back at the trio.

"Really?" Koneko finally asked, sweatdropping when all three of them nodded.

"Really." [Y/n] replied, completely exhausted just thinking about that mission. Rin's weird mood on the last day was still bugging him. Like it came the second they started talking about Kamiki and went the moment they stopped. It was weird. [Y/n] knew that the two didn't exactly get along that well but that was still a pretty extreme reaction. Unless... it wasn't because he disliked her. Was Rin... jealous of him for being closer to Kamiki than he was? Did Rin like Kamiki? [Y/n]'s stomach twisted and his face flushed at the thought. He quickly shook it off. It was none of his business. But still... why did that... feel so bad...

"Man! Sitting around these losers is a drag!" Bon suddenly shot to his feet, balling his hands into fists. [Y/n] immediately snapped out of his inner conflict and jumped back in shock. The other guys were just as taken aback by the sudden outburst. [Y/n] glared at the taller male for a moment until he followed Bon's angry stare and realised who he was talking about.

"Excuse me?!" Rin asked, genuinely offended by Bon's yelling. [Y/n] shook his head and tapped Rin on the shoulder.

"He's not talking about us." He announced, pointing toward the real source of Bon's irritation. Rin's glare fell and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he followed [Y/n]'s gaze. When he did, he let out a breath of relief and a nod of agreement. Yamada and Takara.

"We need people in class who can pull their weight, not useless dumbasses like them!" Bon snapped, glaring at the pair who still hadn't contributed anything to the class. They both blatantly ignored him. Bon growled as his anger began to boil over.

"Seriously, how the hell did those two even pass the Exwire exam? They did nothing but sit there." [Y/n] continued, looking between the two with a sneer as he tried to think of a single thing either of them had done to contribute to their test.

"And then puppet-boy over there tried shit-talking you." Rin added, sending the shorter boy a deathly glare as he thought back to how he called [Y/n] the problem of the exam. Shima and Bon nodded in agreement, also annoyed by that comment.

"Easy does it..." Koneko soothed, sweatdropping as he tried to dissolve the situation before it got worse. Thankfully, someone else did it for him.

"I'm sorry I'm so late!" A familiar voice called out over the sound of fast footsteps. [Y/n] sighed in relief as Shimei and Kamiki finally showed up. Once they got closer, [Y/n]'s face, along with the other guys, flushed bright red.

"Sh-Shiemi?! What's going on?! Where's your kimono?!" Rin stuttered out, looking the girl up and down nervously. Shiemi's usual kimono was replaced by the official girl's uniform. And it was rather... different from what Shiemi was used to looking like. Although, Shima and Bon seemed to be enjoying it immensely.