2

HINAKO
I stood beside the front door while everyone resided by the sofas as we waited for Lord Kaname. "I wonder how much chocolate I'll get. Akatsuki, so what do you say? Shall we wager on who will get more?" Hanabusa challenged. I rolled my eyes. "This is so annoying." Senri groaned. "I'm sure you'll get a ton of chocolates Shiki!" Takuma assured him.  I looked over to them. "St. Xocolatl's Day is kind of a waste of time. Seriously, it's so annoying as to how loud those boys and girls are!" Akatsuki and Senri smirked. "You're just jealous you can't get as-" Hanabusa began. "Lord Kaname!" Ruka smiled.

I winked at Hanabusa and opened the doors. "Shall we go?" Kaname greeted. As soon as we walked through the gates, the cheers grew loud. I walked beside everyone, hoping to be ignored. Obviously that didn't happen. "Hinako!! Look over here!" "No! Hinako over here!" "Hinako!!" I groaned. Feeling Zero's presence as usual, I turned around after Lord Kaname stopped. I stared at them. "Listen if you want to challenge me, I'll be ready and waiting any time you want....Kaname."

Walking towards Zero, I glared. "Hello..Zero..It's been a while hasn't it?" He glared, and I began to smirk. "Hinako, let's go now." Takuma said. Sighing, I turned around and began to walk away. "See you Kiryu, sucks we couldn't catch up." I giggled and walked beside Takuma. When we reached the classroom, I sat behind Akatsuki. I mean, there was no seating chart, so pretty much everyday everyone changes seats. The professor kept going on about the history of vampires and then about the horrid blood tablets. It was so boring that I began to throw tiny paper balls at Hanabusa.

He turned around and glared at me. "Would you stop doing that!" He whispered-yelled. He was so angry that he pouted. I giggled and accidentally attracted Akatsuki and Takuma's attention. I leaned forward and stared at Hanabusa. "Relax, I was just playing around Hanabusa." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Miss Aido, would you kindly refrain from talking in class?" I shook my head and leaned back. "Yes of course, I apologize Professor." He sighed and carried on with the boring lesson. Once classes were over I stood up and grabbed my bag that contained my anti-vampire weaponry, and walked towards the door.

"Hinako! Wait a moment!" I stopped and turned around. I raised a brow at Hanabusa as Akatsuki followed behind him. "Can..Can we walk with you? To the dorms I mean?" Aido chuckled nervously. I huffed, and turned back towards the door. "Sure, go ahead." I walked out and towards the moon dorms. Eventually we went our separate ways. Sitting down in front of my Vanity, I changed into my long-sleeve blue shirt and some black shorts. I put my hair in a loose side-braid and put my bag under the chair

A knock was heard coming from my door. "Hey Hinako? It's me Ruka." I sighed. "Come in." She entered and looked unfazed by my different look. She sat on my bed and gave me a serious stare. "I have a very important question for you." I nodded. "Do you kno- remember who Akatsuki, Hanabusa, and I are to you? As in, relation wise?" I thought about it for a while. 'I can only remember the moment I began training with those horrible hunters...think Hinako...what happened before that..' My head began to throb. I saw slight visions of a very fuzzy memory. "Hinako?"

My eyes darted to Ruka's. "No, I'm sorry I don't. I apologize sincerely." She looked defeated, she let out a breath and left my room. It was late, and I decided to lay in bed. Eventually, my eyes grew heavy, and I fell asleep.

DREAM/MEMORY
"Hanabusa! Stop doing that and play with me!" A four year old Hinako yelled. "Give me a second sis! I'm helping our cousin Akatsuki with this!" A five year old Hanabusa turned back around after replying to his younger sister. Hinako crossed her arms and sat by the fireplace. "Hey Hinako. I'll play with you." A gentle smile formed on Ruka's face. "Really! C'mon then!" Hinako began to drag her to her room, but was stopped by her father. "Hinako, I'm afraid playing with your cousin will have to wait. I need you to meet someone important, please come with me." Ruka told said girl it was alright, so Hinako went to help her father.
OVER

I shot up with a rough gasp. "What the hell was that?!" I stood up and walked towards my vanity. I grabbed a blood tablet and stuck it in my cup of water. Once I chugged it down, I sat on my bed. "Was that...a memory..?" Shaking my head I laid back down. 'Whatever it was..it was one step closer to finding out who those three are to me.'

Next Day

Everyone in the night class stood by the gates as they opened. My eyes widened, there were rows and rows of female students. I grumbled and clutched my bag. Hanabusa became too excited and ran ahead, only to be stopped by Lord Kaname. "Thank you Kaname, I appreciate it." Yuki bowed and then ran towards the girls. She then blew the whistle which signaled us to start walking. I watched as most of the guys received chocolates and gifts. I rolled my eyes and tried to speed on ahead, which I found imposible as soon as I heard guys calling my name. "Hinako! Accept my gift." "Hinako look!" I grumbled and asked them to move. They looked saddened, but obliged. "HINAKO!!! ACCEPT THIS PLEAAAASEEE!!" I turned around in shock, when I saw a boy running at full speed. I yelped, but he was stopped when Zero punched his head.

I backed up, only to be stopped by someone's chest. I turned around to find a very angry Hanabusa and Akatsuki. Takuma came up to me and grabbed my hand, leading me straight to class. When we got there I grabbed all of the chocolates, froze them with the palm of my hand, and shattered Every. Single. One. I zoned out the entire class, until Kaname called for us. Then again, I didn't pay much attention since it was about Zero, who currently despised me. Only one little sentence stuck to me though. "That occurrence four years ago changed his life..forever."