1. SHOTO GREGON

The sun was beaming so bright that it was hard to look up at the sky. The humidity had increased compared to the day before and one had to drink plenty amount of water to avoid dehydration. Along a rice field, two boys of about fourteen years of age were sitting on a big rock eating a piece of fish they bought from the nearby stall.

"This fish is awesome!", The boy in pale orange yukata with brown spots exclaimed.
"Hmm, very true. ", The boy in pale green yukata said " I think this fish has been recently caught from the lake near the Kujuyama mountain. "
"Woah! How did you come to know that Shoto?"

Shoto smiled looking up at the sky but due to the shining sun he quickly lowered his head and said, " I used to go to fishing with my dad there every week. Although I was never able to catch a single fish, my dad used to aim for five fish in a single go but he usually got three. Those fish had the same taste although there were quite variety of fish." Shoto paused for a while, pointed at Kojiro's fish and said, " This fish has the same taste."
Kojiro was about to give out a grin but something struck him hard, " I'm sorry about your dad."
"No, its absolutely fine. You dont have to be sorry at all. It's just that I miss his brave voice and love." Shoto became a bit dejected, " I'm trying to find out about that disease but it does not show any existence in environment."
Kojiro wanted to change the topic as he thought that talking about Shoto's father is not a good idea. He said ," Hey! Let's go to your house, I would like to see your new katana."
  Shoto had recently received a wooden sword as a gift from his uncle. So they both got up and walked towards the forest. While walking they met a bald head man who was about thirty five years of age wearing a red cloth tied around his forehead.
" Hey Shoto! "  the man called.
" What happened?" Shoto replied.
" I went to your house and your mother said to bring some logs."
" Ok, but can you say where is the shop?"
The man gave the directions to Shoto by which it seemed that the shop was atleast two kilometres away. Kojiro did not want Shoto to part away but he knew Shoto would never deny his mother.

" You go on Kojiro and tell my mother that I will be home soon." Shoto instructed.
" Alright, but don't be late. "
" Yeah!" Shoto replied with a smile.
They both parted ways and Shoto ran as fast as he could to reach the shop. Kojiro walked through the forest towards Shoto's house.

Shoto's house was located near a stream at the end of the forest. His house was small with two rooms and a living room where his mother and sister usually spent time. Shoto's sister who was younger than him usually worked at the crop field near the house.

It was getting dark, the sun was merely visible over the horizon. Shoto having bought the logs walked towards his home. He could hear a number of crows as he got near his house.
After getting out of the forest he could see the bright lights of his house.
He opened the door and greeted, " I am here mom! Kojiro! Shizumo!" . He kept his things aside and went towards the living room.
" I bought the logs mom" He called.
But as he turned to the living room he felt as if his heart missed a beat.
"NOOO!" He cried.
His mother and his beloved friend Kojiro were lying near the table, soaked in blood!
He quickly ran to his mom and checked her pulse,weepingly.
" No! This can't be " He cried again, " Kojiro !"
He ran over to Kojiro with some hope but nothing was left. 
"Why? Who did this?" He screamed with anger.

After a moment he heard a bang on his door. He quickly ran upto the door and saw two people. Both wearing a kind of uniform and seemed older than Shoto, but they were surely not adults.
" Get away from here! This place is dangerous." The boy ordered Shoto in an indignant tone.
The girl pulled Shoto away from the lying Kojiro.
" I'm sorry for your loss but we have to leave now."

" But who did this?" Shoto cried again.

The looks on the boy's face had gone intense but he somehow managed to speak in short, " The Kumis have risen again."
" Demons." The girl said.
" What?" Shoto asked, fully confused, " Who are you?"

" The Kumi Assassins." They both spoke in unison.

TO BE CONTINUED.............