𝐈

𝗣𝘀𝘆𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗰 𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆
𝗔 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆

🦇
I live in Osaka , Japan and I often use the subway to go to work in the morning. One day while I was waiting for the train, I noticed a homeless man standing in a corner of the subway station, muttering to himself as people passed by. He was holding out a cup and seemed to be begging for a spare change.

A fat woman passed by the homeless man and I distinctly heard him say, 'pig' .
Wow I thought to myself. This homeless man is insulting people and he still expects them to give him money?
Then, a tall business man went by and the homeless man muttered 'human'. Human? I couldn't argue with that. Obviously he was human.

The next day, I arrived early at the subway station and had some time to kill so I decided to stand close to the homeless man and listen to his strange mutterings. A thin haggard-looking man passed in front of him and I heard the homeless man mutter 'cow'. Cow? I thought. The man was too skinny to be a cow. He looked more like a turkey or a chicken to me. A minute or so later a fat man went by and the homeless man muttered 'potato'.
Potato? I was under the impression that he called all fat people "pig".

That day, at work, I couldn't stop thinking about the homeless man and his puzzling behavior. I kept trying to find some logic or pattern in what he was muttering.
Perhaps he has some kind of psychic ability, I thought. Maybe he knew what these people were in their previous lives. In Japan, many people believe in reincarnation.

I observed the homeless man many times and began to think my theory was right. I often heard him call people things like "Rabbit" or "Onion" or "Sheep" or "Tomato" .

One day curiosity got the best of me and I decided to ask what was going on. As I walked up to him, he looked at me and said "bread". I tossed some money into his cup and asked him if he had some kind of psychic ability. The homeless man smiled and said "Yes, indeed. It is an ability I obtained years ago, but it's not what you might expect. I can't see the future or read minds or anything like that."
"Then what's your ability?" I asked eagerly.
"The ability is merely to know what somebody last ate" he said.

I laughed because I realised he was right. He said "bread", the last thing I had eaten for breakfast was toast. I walked away shaking my head.
Of all the psychic abilities someone might have this one is the most useless.

Hello spooky-heads did you figure out where the horror in this story is? ;)

Επίσης, σκέφτομαι κάποια να τα γράφω στα Ελληνικά γιατί κ' για εμένα γίνεται κάποιες φορές κουραστικό αλλά και επειδή δεν νομίζω να υπάρχουν πολλοί native English speakers που να το διαβάζουν αυτό λολ.

🖤