The Five Winters - Chapter 121 to 140 - Harry Potter FanFic.net

Hello. This is a fanfiction that I found very interesting so I took the chance to post it for you all and for myself too ^^ I don't own anything of what is posted here and the original source is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5775949/1/The_Five_Winters

These are from chapter 121 to 140. Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 121

Summer: Lover's Reunion

Orestes returned with Severus's letter the next morning. The bird flew in through the kitchen window, landed on the counter- Helen had forbidden him from sitting on the table, no matter how clean Hermione claimed he was- and flapped dramatically, but unecessarily, in a bid for attention. Hermione got out of her chair to retrieve the scroll, and once released, Orestes flapped almost pathetically over to the couch and perched atop the armrest, glaring out at Hermione as if daring her to write a reply.

"Your bird seems a bit out of sorts," Gerald remarked as he piled scrambled eggs onto his plate.

"He just flew back from Egypt," Hermione said, unrolling the letter and perusing it. "He's tired and overworked. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to go on strike soon."

Orestes gave an annoyed hoot at this.

Hermione continued to peruse the letter. Were-jackals…? She mused, staring at the word. Of all the books she had ever read, she had never heard of such a thing, although she didn't doubt their existence. But from Severus's description, it seemed as though they had run into something rather… odd. What on earth did they find?

And those scrolls were of definite interest. Hermione would have to take a look at them. And she was hardly surprised that Severus was digging in his heels at going to Hawaii. She wasn't that interested in going either- research was a higher priority- but she had felt it necessary to ask, just for certainty's sake.

"What's he say?" Jorge asked as he poured salt and pepper onto his eggs.

"He- er- found some interesting things in Egypt," Hermione said, turning the letter over to see if there was more. There wasn't. "It's rather… odd. But he's fine." She folded the letter up and stuck in back in her pocket, remembering what had happened the last time she'd left one lying around. "He'll be here tomorrow. You'll get a chance to meet him, then."

Of course, she'd forgotten just who else was in the room. Kathrine and Grace both gave excited squeals.

"If you two don't behave," Hermione warned them, without turning around, "you'll be locked in your room the whole time he's here."

"You can't do that!" Katherine said, albeit slightly uncertainly.

"You're not our mum!" Grace added.

"No, but your parents gave me permission to ground you," Hermione said, exchanging covertly amused glances with Diane, who appeared to be barely reining in laughter.

Katherine and Grace exchanged sulky looks. Hermione didn't have to turn around to know they were glaring at her back mutinously. Her cousins had always seen her as a child, and now that she was an adult, she was one no longer- but they clearly hadn't recognized this quite yet and thus disregarded her authority. Only Tom seemed to get on well with her, and that was because Hermione had not met Tom previously- on all other occasions that there had been a family gathering, Tom had been absent, usually because he was at a sports event. This was the first time Hermione had actually met Tom, other than when he'd been a toddler. He wouldn't have remembered her then.