Chapter 22

"Please drive safely dear." My mom wraps her arms around me and I take in her red door scent.

"I will. I promise." I release from her hug as I slide into my car as press the button that lets the window slide down and I put my new sunglasses on.

"I love you. And send me a message when you're safe at the lake." She leans in the car and I stare at her for a brief moment. She no longer has that sad face she tried to mask after dad died and honestly I can see that Dr Patterson is really making her happy and that's all I want for her. I think when she read the letter from dad and he said that she needs to move on it really did help her in ways I can only imagine.

"I love you to." I give her one small smile and I start my car. I look on the passenger seat and I stare at the mountain of books I need to study and go through. Okay it's only eight subjects but it's still going to be the death of me. I sigh, roll my window back up and I reverse out of the drive way. A long relaxing and silent break away from everyone is what I need. I turn my music up and I start the long drive ahead. My song is cut short by my phone ringing. I press the answer button on the steering wheel.

"Liv." Nicks voice blasts through the small screen.

"Nick." I say and there's silence for a minute.

"Are you driving?" His tone is demanding and I can sense he's in a bad mood.

"Yeah why?" I keep my eyes on the road and I hope my tone doesn't give away the fact that I'm a bit irritated with him.

"Where are you going? I actually wanted to talk to you about something." He places emphasis on the actually and I roll my eyes.

"Sorry got nothing to say. Bye." I press the end call button and my music instantly replaces his voice. It's childish I know but I really need to distance myself between him and Brad and I need to sort out my feelings on top of the mountain of studying I have to do. It wasn't even five minutes and my phone rings again.

"Nick I'm driving leave me-."

"Its Brad not Nick." Brads voice interrupts mine and I instantly go a little bit red.

"S-Sorry." I mumble and there's a brief moment of silence.

"No worries. I just wanted to know if you're okay? Please let me know when you arrive safely at the lake house." He says calmly and softly.

"Will do."

"Thanks. Drive safely." He puts the phone down before I can say bye and my music blares back out if the stereo. What does Nick want? I keep replaying the night we had sex and honestly how will I ever get over it. All the problems we had leading up to it and the fact that he was acting so weird the whole time just doesn't add up. I guess we should eventually talk about it but it's as if he finds fault with other things to cover up the bigger issues. Nick Rhodes has always had a communication problem but never with me. We've always been honest and open with each other ever since the day we wrote our names on the rock throne.

(Start of Flashback)

"Liv come look here." Nick has a mischievous grin on his face as he points to two big rocks on the sand.

"It looks like a throne NickNak." My eyes widen as I inspect these two rocks that make the shape of a seat with a high back and the top of the back of the rock is pointy and shaped like a spear.

"Well here you go Princess. Take your seat." He curtseys to the rocks and I slowly walk passed him to sit on it. I quickly take my seat on the rocks and I sit with my chin up and I watch as he just stares at me with an innocent smile and his green eyes shimmer in the sun.