Ice Cream

Read the authors note at the end of the chapter please. Thank you.

Lorelei

"I'm back."

My voice echoed at the empty apartment. I glanced at the clock and realized that it's still 5 in the afternoon, maybe Loki was still sleeping. I went to the kitchen and decided to start cooking.

Habang binababa ko ang mga pinamili ko sa kitchen table at hinuhugasan ko ang mga kaldero, I heard shuffling inside Loki's room. Baka nagising siya sa ingay ng mga kaldero. Oh well, sinadya ko rin naman para may katulong ako sa kusina.

My assumptions were proven correct when I heard the door open. "Oh, you're back." he stated. I looked back and saw him rubbing his eyes as he stifled a yawn.

"Mabuti naman at gising ka na, be useful for once and help me with these will you?" I said while turning my back to him.

"Do I have to?" he uttered clearly displeased na inuutusan ko siya. Umupo siya at tinignan ako habang nakahalukipkip.

"You have to, palagi ka nalang nakalubog sa kama mo o di kaya ay nasa sofa nagbabasa ng libro. That's unhealthy you know, gumalaw galaw ka naman."

"I'll have you know that to be able to go to the couch I'll have to travel, which means I walk, my dear Lorelei, and as far as I know, walking is a locomotor movement." I rolled my eyes at his silliness.

"Ewan ko sayo." hindi ko nalang siya pinansin at pinagpatuloy ang aking ginagawa.

I immediately prepared all the ingredients needed and as I was about to wash them, Loki miraculously volunteered. "I'll do it." he muttered sounding as if he was sulking.

Binawi ko ang mga kinuha niya, "Ako nang bahala, para naman kita ng pinilit niyan e." I declined trying to see what he would do next.

"I, Loki Mendez, have never been forced by anyone, I do things on my own accord. So let me." Binawi niya ulit ito at nagsimula nang maghugas. A ghost smile appeared on my lips as I stared at the man beside me.

Three years na kaming magkasama sa apartment na to, and to see him change for the better made a warm fluttering feeling inside my heart intensify.

Loki must've noticed my stare as he stopped washing the vegetables and gave me a cold stare. "What are you staring at?" he asked.

"Nothing." I said as we continue making dinner, ignoring the fact that his ears turns red every time we engage in a playful banter.

(30 minutes later)

Finally na tapos na namin ang pagluluto, Loki went inside his room to take the quickest of naps as he said.

I glanced at the clock, 5:45 na pala. As I finished arranging and preparing the table I excitedly opened the fridge to bring out a cup of chocolate ice cream that I've been meaning to eat since forever. Only to find out that there's no ice cream or even a cup in the fridge.

Knowing who the culprit is, I immediately stormed inside his room, without knocking, and found him sleeping. His head was hanging on the edge of the bed and for a man who stole and ate my ice cream, he looked peaceful while cuddling with hypnos.

Bakit hindi ko na realize ang ginagawa niya kanina! Kaya pala pumayag siya na tulungan ako sa pagluluto, which he rarely does unless may kailangan siya, may kasalanan siya, or actually, never!

"Conniving little-!" I placed my hands on his face, framing it, while I squeezed it para magising siya. My tactic worked as he blinked his eyes open. "I'm awake, I'm awake!"

My hands remained framed on his face as I stared at him, hoping he could hear me telepathically transmitting to him how livid I am.

"What's going on?" he inquired still looking dazed from his nap,bhead still hanging from his bed. His mere obliviousness or should I say nonchalantness is making me so mad, nangangati na ang kamay kong sampalin siya.

Noticing my silence, he narrowed his eyes at me assessing my face. "Wait, are you mad?" no honey, I'm seething! Is what I was about to answer ngunit pinigilan ko ang sarili ko.

"Loki, listen and listen carefully, I won't be mad at you if tell me the truth okay? You better be honest with me, you know I hate liars. " I started. He scrutinized my face and upon knowing that I was dead serious, with his nonchalantness he spoke,

"All right."

I inhaled and started, "Earlier today at exactly 4:30pm I placed a chocolate ice cream in a cup at the fridge before going out once again to buy ingredients for today's dinner. Exactly 5:00pm I arrived here. I finished arranging the plates and the dinner at 5:45pm. It took us 30 minutes to prepare and to cook so that means you had 15 minutes left to take you nap. When I checked the fridge to grab the ice cream, it's gone. Now among these timelines, I have been with you for the whole time we were cooking and I did not see you snooping around at the fridge during the remaining 15 minutes. So that leaves to one conclusion, the time that I went down to buy ingredients was the time someone ate my ice cream. The only person left in this room would be you. "

"You're scaring me."

I stared in to his eyes as I slowly shook his head side to side teasing him. "I wonder who was it."

His eyes widened a fraction before he cleared his throat." It wasn't me."

Inilapit ko sakanya ang aking mukha, our faces only inches apart. Nakikita ko na naman ang pag pula ng tenga niya as I leaned in and lowly whispered, "Liars won't be eating dinner."

"I'm sorry, it was me."

My face showed no signs of happiness or joy but deep inside I was admiring how cute he looked, being guilty and all.

"You better buy me an ice cream in exchange for eating mine." tumayo na ako at pumunta sa may pinto.

"Sure." Loki sat up and rubbed his already disheveled hair.

"I want the expensive one, the one with the glass cup, I heard it's for a limited time only." I teased him habang nagtungo kami sa kusina.

"My mom knows a friend that owns a company that sells limited edition ice cream. I could buy you buckets of those."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa sinabi niya. "You know I'm kidding right? Kahit yung sa department store ice cream lang okay na. Di naman kamahalan yung kinain mo e."

He ignored me at umupo na para kumain. I simply rolled my eyes at sumunod na rin.

The next day, I woke to the sound of the door of the apartment being knocked. Agad akong bumangon at tinignan kung sino yon only to find Loki outside the door with a box of what seems to be

"Limited edition Ice cream, miss?"

"Wha- I told you na joke lang yon di ba?" I said as I wiped my eyes out of sleep. I assessed his looks and noticed na nakapangporma ito.

"I already told you, I do things on my own accord. Now let's head in at baka matunaw na tong limited edition ice cream mo." He went ahead inside habang ako nakatulala parin sa may pinto.

---------------------------------------------

Hello PLayers! First and foremost, sorry kung medyo natagalan ang update, pero I hope you like it.

SECOND, THANK YOU PO NG MARAMI SA INYO DAHIL NAKA 2K+ READS NA TAYOOOO!! YEHEY!!

And lastly, continue supporting this story and other fanfiction stories po.

Follow. Vote. Share. Smile. Enjoy!

Seeyou!

P.S. I have decided to post oneshot stories in between the chapters. Sana hindi kayo malito please. THANK YOU!