Decode

Decode- Paramore

The truth is hiding in your eyes/ And it's hanging on your tongue/ Just boiling in my blood/ But you think that I can't see.

I paced nervously as I waited for Ryder to pick me up. Wringing my hands, I looked around as people passed me. Bringing out my phone, I looked at the time. It had only been 30 minutes since I landed in Portland. I mean maybe he was nervous too. I sighed as I lean against the wall, trying best to stay out of the way so I wouldn't get runned over. I also didn't need anyone bumping into me since I just had my pacemaker put in. The flight was okay, but I finished reading one of newest books.

I looked around once again as I searched for Ryder. He sent me a picture of himself before we had to turn of all electronics on the plane. Mom was right we both had the same coloured eyes and that was were the similarities ended. He was a pretty handsome man, with broad features, and he also had long hair, except his only went to his shoulders and was a dark brown that ended in waves. My lips twitched as I thought of him, since gaining contact with him we talked for hours in days before I came here. He was really nice if not a little soft spoken, but so was I so it really didn't matter.

"Ezra!" A deep voice called out. Snapping my head up, I made eye contact with a pair of eyes that mirrored my own. I felt my own widen in shock, my dad was so tall. While I wasn't the shortest guy on earth at only 5'8, he was at least half a foot taller than me. He had a thin sweater on paired with jeans and worn sneakers. Giving him a small smile as I waved I picked up my own luggage and made my way towards him. He gave me a grin in return, as he sped up. In a few seconds he was right infront of me. People gave us space going around us as they hurried to wherever they needed to go.

"Hey," he hesitated as he looked away from me before looking me right in the eye. "Can I give you a hug?"

I looked at him with wide eyes before nodding.

"Just be careful. I just got my pacemaker put in." His face lit up and nodded his head before gently pulling me to him and hugging me gently. I hugged him back, noting that he smelled like damp earth and sandalwood.

As he pulled away, I could've sworn that his eyes were gold before returning to their original steel gray.

"Here let me get that Ezra," He reached for my suitcase. I dodged.

"Nope! I got it." He shook his head.

"I insist Erza."

Hey I may look a little weak right now, but I was doing better already, I didn't get tired as fast.

"Hey don't even think about it, let me do this." He nodded after a moment of debate.

"Well...C'mon then. I parked as close as I could," we started to walk in the direction he pointed to, " and it is only about an hour and half drive to my house. So if you want you could take a small nap too if you prefer. "

See what I mean? We only meet for the first time in person yet he was already acting like my dad. After exiting the airport and walking to his truck with mud splatter by tires we climbed inside and were on our way to his house. We made iddle chat with the raduo playing quitely in the background as he drove. I looked out the window at the paasing scenery, it was all do green. Few houses in between and consisted of mostly woods. Ryder told me that we were about twenty minutes from his house after driving in the car for a while. I rolled down my window and took a deep breath. The air was crisp and smelled of salt. A slight breeze barely swayed the tips of the trees as we passed.

"I'm serious Ezra. I'm glad your here."

I nodded my head, before speaking, "Yeah, I know." I gave him a weak smile, cringing as I did so. I let out a small yawn, trying to decide if I could stay awake long enough to make it to the house and into my room or just passing out on the coach. I wonder if he would be okay with that. After releasing yet another yawn, I pulled of my beanie, and ruffled my hair. Ryder was a big dude. Maybe he would carry me?