2

Bakugo and I arrived at my house. It was pretty far, but Bakugo said he doesn't live too far from this area.

I felt bad about making him walk all the way with me. It wasn't a very safe walk alone, and for that I was grateful.

I got a call from an unknown number at about 10:00PM.

"Hello?"

"Yes, is this Harutsa Masimora?"

I gasped at the voice of All Might. "Yes, it is."

"Great! This is an important announcement. We need you at the school at 5:30AM. The attendance of all students is mandatory."

"Oh dear. That's quite early. But alright, if I must."

"Thank you, young Masimora! I'll see you in the morning!"

"Bye, All Might!"

I hung up the telephone and got in the bed, already dreading having to get up early.

———

buzz buzz buzz

I rolled over and groaned as I turned the alarm off.

I got up and got in the shower, dried my hair, and got dressed. I grabbed a pop tart before I walked out of the door.

I saw someone leaning on the gate, but because it was dark, I couldn't see who.

"Hello?"

The figure turned to me. "Hey, it's me."

I recognized the voice as Bakugo's.

"Oh, thank the lord it's only you. I thought I was about to die."

"Why would you have died?" I could practically feel his snarky expression, even though it was dark outside.

"This isn't exactly the safest part of town."

"Can we go? I've been waiting outside for a while now and I don't want to be late."

"Fine."

I started walking to the bus stop.

"Hey, dumbass, the bus doesn't run this early. We've gotta walk."

"Oh, goddammit. It's cold outside."

"Sorry, Charlie."

We had been walking for about five minutes in silence before the wind started to blow and I started to get cold.

I hugged my arms without realizing it, but before I knew it I felt a jacket on my bare arms.

I looked up at Bakugo, he was looking away from me but I didn't miss the pink dust on his cheeks as we walked under a street light.

"Would you stop looking at me?"

"S-sorry."

"Whatever."

We walked in silence again for a bit, before he broke the silence.

"So... um... why'd you come to UA?"

"I don't really know the answer to that. I think part of me just wanted to have some experience and put it on my record, because I don't have any interest in becoming a hero. But at the same time... I feel like it would be cool doing hero-y things."

Bakugo gave me that same snarky look from earlier. "Why do all your answers gotta be so deep?"

I chuckled. "Sorry. I'm just used to having to explain myself I guess. What about you? Why did you come to UA?"