Chapter 3 (STRIKE)

After we irritated weasly formed a union and paid a visit to the 'the world' and stopped our job for 'the world' it was time to organise the strike in the bar. "Who's going to Brooklyn" everyone was quit after that question "no one fine specs" "I'm not scared for Brooklyn but.....spot" spot Conlon leader of the Brooklyn newsies small but strong "why is everyone so afraid of Brooklyn" a random girl said "wel look who followed us" jack said I then heard the girl talk to crutchie I felt something in my stomach what was it "hey goil are ya kay" I looked next to me and saw racer "I'se am" I answered blankly "sure ya carry a torch for em don't ya" my face went red, race smirked "so imma gettin a answer or" I looked him in the eye and sighed am I in love I ran away towards the stables I need thinking time I can't be in love I can't, when I arrived at the stables I ran towards spot stable and sat in a dark corner spot was laying down and laid his head on my lap "hya bud" he licked my arm "Y/N are ya in here" crutchie "goil come out" and the rest shit,shit,shit if they see spot they know my secret "wait 'ere I'se know were she is stay 'ere" I heard footsteps coming my way "I know that ya are in 'ere" I sighed "go away" he opened the door and stepped "'ome out of da dark" I laughed "I'se can't" he looked confused "spot is laying on me" I heard an oh sound "dat makes sense" he sat down petting spot "he's black eye isn't he" I looked surprised black eye was his name on the racetrack "yeah how did ya kno- yeah never mind" he laughed "please don' tell em" he nodded I hugged him "thank ya" I sighed "I'se am here" I yelled spot stand up and I opened the door I had an idea if I race I can make money until the strike is over "why are ya here" jack asked confused "I'se am a racer" they all looked wide eyed "what hurse" "black eye" crutchie answered "there's a race in 5 min ya gotta help me" they looked at each other and nodded I smiled and so we began with saddling spot up. We walked towards the racetrack I already sat on spot  I tendsed up when the racetrack came in view"hey relax cowgirl ya are gonna win this" crutchie said "I hope so cowboy" we laughed I breathed in and out and I had to go into that metal box "wish ma luck bois" they nodded and crossed their fingers.

Crutchie pov
We walked back to the stable with me in the back and waited we didn't had tickets so we had to wait here good luck Y/N "it seems like black eye has a new jockey it's a.....girl" all woman in the audience began cheering seems like she has quite the view fans I sighed please win Y/N I realised something I like her "and the horses are of with black eye in a second place with winter heart on the first and black magic right on their tail, black eye is first place and almost at the finish line" I crossed my fingers "photo finish"  I hobbled to the race track Y/N rode towards us with a smile she stepped of and jumped in my arms we fell, she giggled "black eye won the race" she stopped and looked at me "I'se won" she smiled "I-I'se won" she was beginning to stand up pulling me up with her "I'SE WON" she yelled happy her smile it's beautiful "she won in total 16 dollar" jack lifted her up and putted her on her shoulder and lifted her onto spot "com' crutchie" she held her hand out towards me I grabbed it and with a little help from the boys pulled me up "go get ya mony'" she laughed jack looked confused "it's our mony paw I'se raced for us all" the boys cheered and we rode towards the money locket "crutchie can ya grab the reins I'se am picking up our mony" she said I nodded and grabbed the reins and sat on her small saddle.

Y/N pov
I walked towards the locket to pick up the money "uhm mony for black eye" he grabbed a sack with the pennies and gave it to me I ran towards crutchie I jumped behind him and laid my hands around his side "ya want me to ride em" he asked confused I nodded "ya did it before and I will help ya" he nodded and urged him I needed to help him because he has one leg and we rode off to jack and the boys. "Look at dat crutchie is ridin a hurse" I heard race said "yes he is" I screamed back crutchie jumped soft "sorry" I smiled he stopped spot I threw the sack towards jack "my pay on sweets" I yelled the boys walked away "are ya gonna follow em or" he urged spot and spot began to trot crutchie freaked out by this "just pull the reins if ya wanna stop kay" he nodded and did what I said and spot stopped and just walked and so we rode to the nearest sweets shop