Broken but Not Shattered (Formerly Known as Starting Over)

Starting Over

As I pleaded for the Dragon King's help, I began to remember. I remembered the day that got me into this mess of a life. The day our parent were brutally ripped away from us, all of our parents. Every single last one of them died, no not died. Died signifies that it might have been accidental or of natural causes. No, they were murdered. My heart has warmed to that word only because I want to practice it on my parent assassins.

Every teen, preteen, baby and child was forced into the unknown world of being an orphan. The babies had it easy because they barely remember the terrible event. But like many others old enough to understand the terror that had occurred that day, it was forever tattooed into my mind.

The day had started at normal, a baby boy running past my room as fast as his little legs could carry him with not a stitch of clothing on. That's as normal as normal gets in my pack.

I caught the little boy who, as said before had no clothing on except for a diaper on his head being worn as a new kind of fashion hat.

I caught the little boy and placed him on my hip.

"Have you been giving mommy trouble Timmy?" I asked.

"Mmmhhhhmm" he nodded. I couldn't help but laugh. At least he's honest!

Ms. Joseph, Timmy's mother, came running up to me, huffing and puffing from the workout Timmy just gave her. He was like her own little personal trainer, except she had to change his diaper.

"Timmy! You naughty boy. You can't go around the house naked. Bad boy." She scolded him, yet she smiled. She absolutely adored her little fledgling, even if he was a little bundle of trouble. (A/N: Fledgling is a baby dragon)

"Good morning Enya. Happy Birthday! Timmy, what do you say?" She said.

"Happy birthday Hava!" he said. He gave me a big kiss on the cheek and blushed. He was just so adorable.

"Thank you very much." I gave him a big mooch on his cheek causing him to blush even harder. Ms. Joseph and I chuckled.

"Bye Timmy. Be a good boy for mommy ok. Ms. Joseph, if Timmy I being too much of a handful, send him to me." I smiled at them, suddenly wishing for a fledgling of my own.

Throughout the day I got many presents (mostly chocolate because people know I'm addicted to the stuff) and happy birthdays. I knew my twin sister wasn't fairing any better. But instead of getting chocolate, she got sour gummy worms. She couldn't stay away from them. She believed that her calling in life was to forever eat sour gummy worms.

I walked into the large meadow where they were holding the party for my sister and I.

I walked over to my sister Naida, which means water. "Happy Birthday Nai!

"Guess what I got you for our birthday." I said to her. She rolled her eyes at me. We got each other the same thing every year. I give her gummy bear and she gives me chocolate.

Due to the fact that we were now 14, I gave her 14 bags of sour gummy worms, and she gives me 14 bars of chocolate. We hugged and thanked each other. We went our separate ways to greet guests who had come. I was in a corner by myself, thinking about how badly I wanted Xenith here when one of the guards rushed in.

"Rouges are attacking." He screamed. I rushed to him as he collapsed, managing to catch him before he fell. He was a bloody, torn up mess. I could see his eyes change to a deep amber, showing that his dragon was trying to stop the pain his human was feeling. There was no way that this dragon or his man was going to survive. From then on, the memory got worse and worse. Long, terrifying story short, my parents and all the adults in the pack were killed, leaving me, only fourteen at the time, to be the leader of a clan of children and teens.

I had managed to pull the pack together and survive for 8 years, but the attacks on the clan house where becoming unbearable. I now stood in front of the Dragon King with my sister (the beta) and my younger brother (my third in command) on either side of me. I was begging to stay with another pack, a larger pack.

"I beg of you, your highness, our pack and I being picked off the face of this world one by one. Already three members have been found murdered. We cannot afford to lose another of our own, we are low in numbers as it is. Please just allow us to stay with a larger clan. In turn, we will train them. We are well known for our skills on the battlefield."

If the king turned us down, there was a very good chance that the Skywalkers clan would finally cease to exist. We were thought to have died 3 years ago, but not all of us did. We had to keep that a secret in case the assassinating rouges who murdered half of my clan would try to come and finish us off.