Chapter 2- The Power of Thought

Chapter 2

"What clan are you from again?" the King asked. I could tell he was beginning to recognize me, I knew then that I had to start wrapping this up before he truly recognized us as his god kids. The shimmer I had T'Akya create for us could only Katy still long before it started to face slightly (a fact that she conveniently forgot until after we finish paying her 4 her services).
It pained me to lie to the person I had once been so close to but it had to be done. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if he was ever hurt by becoming involved with this because of such trivial things as emotions. Besides that, the Clan comes first.

"I am Drakora Seraphine of the Clan." I, along with all the other members of the clan, changed our names to stop any possible suspicion that the Skywalkers Clan was still alive in any way, shape or form.

"You may stay with another Clan. You remind me of my goddaughter and what she would have looked like if she was alive." Said the King. I felt my heart begin to race and heard the quick intake of breath from my two siblings but I forced myself to calm and allowed my mind to sooth theirs.

" Thank you so much Your Highness. My clan and I will forever be in your debt. What clan will we be staying with for the time being?"I asked.

"I believe that the FallenCrest Clan has space. Are you familiar with them?" He asked when he saw Naida and Sadiki look at me as I froze. *Xenith* my dragon whispered to me. How I had missed him after the attack on my pack. My heart soul and dragon yearned for him on a daily basis, but I had to push those thoughts back for the sake of my Clan.

That didn't stop my dragon from pestering me to visit his pack, see how he was doing. Now she would finally get her wish.

"Yes, I believe I met them when I was younger" it wasn't a complete lie. I did meet them when I was younger. I met them several times and was found in quite compromising positions with the future Dragakoran, Xenith. I may have been thirteen when I last saw him, but he held my heart then and holds my heart this day. Being away from him has been excruciating for both my dragon and I.

"That's wonderful! Makes the process that much easier for you and them both" he smiled, seeming genuinely happy for us. I was happy to. A smile as wide as the sun was plastered on my face with no plans on moving anytime soon. I was going to see the love of my life after years apart. Nothing was going to wipe this smile of my face.

At least that's what I thought.

Thoughts can be so powerful. They can ruin lives, or bring them together. Decide if you say "I do" or decide if you finally give up hope for life and commit suicide. Thoughts are the most powerful thing known to man, beast or the things in between (such as myself). Because with just one thought, the smile, my happiness, and my tears were yanked away from me in one brutal and cruel second.

I couldn't tell him who I was.

With that one thought, I very nearly broke down. My eyes flooded with tears, waiting to fall, to soak my awaiting cheeks who hadn't felt their salty wetness since the day most of my pack was killed.

If I told him who I was, I would not only be putting my clan in harm's way, I would put him in danger to. The mere thought made me shudder with disgust at myself for being so selfish. I had to give up my happiness for theirs.

But I couldn't help but wonder when I would get my break. When I would be able to be selfish for once. To have my time to just relax, to love, to be loved.

Sensing my unbearable sorrow, my brother and sister quickly gathered me up in their arms.

"I'm sorry your majesty. She is just so overwhelmed that she will finally be able to not have to look over her shoulder every second to protect the clan, if only for a little while." He lied, knowing full well why I reacted the way I did.

"No problem son. It's understandable given the circumstances. Just go home to your clan and begin packing for the move. Have safe travels." He dismissed us.

Naida and Sadiki half dragged half carried my body outside. There, we shifted into our dragons and started the flight home.

***** Arrival at the FallenCrest Clan house*****

I sped down the long driveway to the Clan house, my motorcycle kicking up dust I drove by. About 15 cars drove in behind me, followed by two trucks holding the rest of the clan member's motorcycles and cars that they were not driven here.

I stopped my motorcycle in front of the huge front doors, the automobiles stopping behind me. I got off the bike and went around to the various cars, making sure everyone was ok. Though some of the children were tired from the long drive, everyone was fine. I walked over to a midnight black 2013 Camaro and opened the back door.

"Mommy! The drive was fun mommy!! Is this where we're going to live now? It's very pretty. Mommy, Timmy tried to kiss me!!!" my adorable little girl rushed the words out of her mouth so quickly that I nearly didn't catch her last statement .

I laughed and raised my eye brow at the now 12 year old boy who used to run up and down the hall of the original clan house butt naked. He looked at his mate, my adopted daughter Aonani whose name meant light. She was my light in a dark and painful time in my life.

Eight years ago, a few months after most of my clan was killed, we were hungry, tired and heartbroken, the agonizing pain of the death of our families, friends and loved ones still as fresh as a bloody wound. I couldn't feel anymore, I was numb. My parents were dead, my uncles and aunts were dead, my grandparents were dead. I was a lost and broken girl, not yet a woman, having just turned the tender age of fourteen.

We found Aonani in the arms of her dead mother. We thought the baby was dead to. We actually even made a grave for them both. But just as we were about to cover them with dirt, she began to cry. I quickly ran into the grave and picked up the baby. From them on, I got better and in turn brought the clan to grow better too. We named her Aonani because she became the light of not just mine but the entire Clan's dreary existence.

After we found her, she was considered my daughter and treated like the little princess she deserved to be. I picked up my act and started to really take care of my clan. We built a new clan house and grew our food, only going into town for necessities.

Little Timmy was about four when we found her. He immediately became protective and possessive of the small 2-year old. We soon figured out they were mates. Aonani or Aon as we fondly call her pretended to be annoyed whenever Timmy, or Tim as she called him followed her around like a puppy but we all knew that the little couple loved each other dearly.

"Is this true?" I asked Tim. He looked up to me, nodded, and then continued to stare at Aon.

"It's not like she resisted anyway. She kissed me back!" he declared happily. Her face blushed crimson red, causing me to laugh and Tim to caress her cheek softly. He was such a little romantic; he reminded me of Xenith.

There goes the power of thought again. My smile was wiped off of my face yet again as I thought of how close I would be to him, but how far I was at the same time. It was torturous how I would have to face him, and not be able to love him they way I want to and have wanted to for the past eight years.

I would just have to push on. I'm used to disappointment and struggle, this will be relatively easy

Or so I thought.