Chapter 1: Kel

An Exo man walked through the abandoned sewage tunnels of Venus, the clunking of his boots hitting the ground echoing ominously through the sewage drain.  His cloak danced at his feet as he walked.

The man knew full well that the horrible enemies he was about to face were dangerous, but it didn't scare him.  They were the ones who should be afraid.

He could hear the Hive muttering, confused about the echo. He could see them off in the distance, there sets of three eyes each glowing ominously in the dark in front of him.

The Exo, Kel-4, grinned as he pulled out his hand cannon and fired into the air to alert the Hive to his presence. They whipped there heads around and snarled at the guardian standing in front of them. They stood up and fired at him, there bone-like armor glowing menacingly in the dim light of the tunnel.

Grinning beneath the emotionless mask of his crimson helmet, Kel-4 fired upon the approaching hoard, his gun ringing out like a hammer against an anvil.

The wall behind Kel shattered to pieces as a Hive knight smashed through, knocking Kel to the ground.  He scrambled to his feet and fired more shots at the knight. The knight snarled, and swung its sword down at Kel's head, who barely sidestepped in time.

Kel reached into the air and a shimmering golden-orange gun appeared from thin air into his hand.  He brought the golden gun down to his eye level, closed one eye, seeing the smoldering weapon spark and flame, and pulled the trigger.