Chapter 7 - Thank You

Hikari POV

As I watch the game of Pai Sho with Iroh and a couple of crew members, I see a dark ship ride beside us.

Zuko asks, "What do they want?"

Iroh smiles, "Perhaps a sporting Game of Pai Sho."

A shoulder from the ship comes aboard, showing a scroll he informs Zuko. "The hunt for the Avatar has been given Prime Importance. All information regarding the Avatar must be reported directly to Admiral Zhao."

Iroh continues playing his game, "Zhao has been promoted? Well, good for him."

Zuko looks to the ground angrily, "I've got nothing to report to Zhao. Now get off my ship and let us pass."

The shoulder fires back, "Admiral Zhao is not allowing ships in or out of this area."

Zuko yells, "Off my ship!"

The soldiers continue to leave, deciding I want a snack I exit as well. As I walk down the hallway, I feel something hit my neck, then everything goes black.

Zuko POV

As Uncle walks away I look out at the dark water, surrounded by mountains of rock. 'I wonder where Hikari is.'

I calm down at the thought of her, having her around has made me feel safe. She's made me feel sane and happy. Walking to her room, I knock on the door. Hearing nothing I open the door to see the room is empty. Her bag in the same place, with her egg resting gently next to it on a pillow.

"I wonder where she is?"

Wondering around the ship, looking for her I quickly realize she's not on board. The last time I saw her was when she was watching Uncle play against the other crew members. That's when...

"Shit."

Zhao took her, and I know where he took her.

Hikari POV

Waking up I find myself in a soft bed, I try to sit up only to hear the sound of chains. Looking up I see a thick metal chains on my wrist, and another pair on my ankles.

'Who took me? What happened?'

Then the door opens, looking up I come face to face with Zhao. I glare at him, making him smirk at me. "Such beauty."

He walks closer, but I try to scoot back only for the chains to keep me in place. "I can see the fire in your eyes, the power behind your gaze."

Leaning in close to my face he places his hand on my cheek. Moving my head away, he touches me again but this time on my neck. "Just imagine how powerful we could be together. Your flames and my authority we would go so far."

His hand starts to move dangerously low, squirming he leans closer to my face. Spitting on his face he grows angry, resulting in him smacking my left cheek.

He stands tall, wiping the spit, "I have matters to attend to, do fix your attitude because when I come back it won't be welcomed."

With that we walk away, I keep by glare on him as he exits the room and closes the door behind him. Relaxing a bit I look at the chains binding me, grabbing them I heat up my hand with ease feeling the chains weaken I break them. Mirroring the same with my ankles. Finally free I get off the bed, rushing out of the door I see two guards standing in front of me.

Quickly knocking them out, I rush through the hallways I avoid the soldiers as much as I can.

Zuko POV

Sneaking into the tower, I stay in the shadows either knocking out or avoiding the soldiers roaming altogether. Seeing 2 knocked out on the ground I walk in to see a bedroom. Broken chains catch my eye first. Walking around, I notice a curly strand of hair on the sheet.