Chapter 4

Picture of Megan on the side >>

♦ ♢ ♦ ♢ ♦ ♢ ♦ ♢ ♦ ♢ ♦ ♢ ♦ ♢ ♦ ♢ ♦ ♢ ♦ ♢ ♦ ♢

Chapter 4

Kayla

The rest of the week went by without any drama which I was extremely grateful for. Lauren didn't bother me again, in fact, I barely saw her. However, that was probably due to the fact that we didn't have any classes together (thank the lord!). I was hoping that she'd forgotten about her threat but then again, that was probably just wistful thinking on my part. If there was one thing I knew about Lauren, it's that she never breaks her promises.

The most embarrassing thing was that I had been a little paranoid after Lauren had made her threat. The rest of that day, I had kept throwing nervous glances around me, almost expecting her to jump out of nowhere and pounce on me. However, after I came to the realization that I was being a little too apprehensive, I let my guard down and hoped that she would eventually forget about her petty threat.

Needless to say, Ally and Megan both became extremely suspicious after the little incident in the cafeteria. Every time they would bring it up, I would hastily change the subject or pretend that I had to be somewhere and run off quickly. Though it seemed quite stupid at first, I was glad to say it was working. On the other hand, they were beginning to get more and more suspicious every time I pulled that stunt. It was only time before I would have no choice but to tell them what happened, something that I was really not looking forward to doing.

"Let's go! We're gonna be late!" I felt someone clinging onto my arm and dragging me away from my locker. It was Megan. Our next lesson was P.E, one of my least favourite lessons by far. Our strict teacher didn't make it any better. She hated anyone being late to her lessons but I had had to make a quick stop to my locker, much to the reluctance of Megan. According to her, our teacher was going to 'eat us alive' if we didn't hurry up.

I had been back at Ridgeway High for a few weeks and everything was going well so far. Not only had I not had any more unwanted interactions with Lauren, but the fuss which my return had stirred up had died down a little much to my relief. Occasionally, I would still get an odd look from one or two people but apart from that, everything was working out.

*********