Chapter Two: Joining Theater

Chloe stared at the old theater doors, her heart pounding in her chest. She had typed the address on the card into her phone and was lead to this abandoned theater. It was covered by the surrounding trees, so only the people who were actively looking for the place could find it. The theater seemed to be small in size, at least from the outside. It was about the size of a big house, and it was in pretty good shape for being abandoned. The door was protected from the rain by a red covering hanging above her. There was a sign attached to the cover, but the words were so old Chloe couldn't read what they said. She wondered what plays were performed here.

Chloe raised her fist to the door. She hesitated for a moment, then knocked. It took a moment before the door swung open.

Hannah stood in the doorway. She was wearing the same outfit as when Chloe last saw her, but now her hair was tied up in a bun and she wore a fingerless glove on her right hand. She greeted Chloe with a smile.

"Come in!" Hannah stepped back, allowing Chloe to enter. She did, making sure the door was still cracked behind her.

"Before you enter the auditorium, I'm going to ask you two questions."

Chloe gave her a look but agreed to answer her questions.

"First question: did you see any wolves on your way here?"

"No."

"Great. Second question: can you keep a secret?"

Chloe looked at her skeptically. "Yeah. Why?"

"Well, we don't want any of the information we are going to give you being leaked to the general public. It would not be good if that happened, so we have to keep things under wraps." Hannah explained. "Now, let's go meet everyone. They are on the stage."
She walked up to the steps leading to the auditorium. Chloe followed her cautiously, taking in her surroundings.

When they got up the steps, Chloe saw the rows of red cushioned chairs all looking towards the stage. The stage was wooden and it had velvet red curtains to match with the chairs. The curtains were closed, but Chloe noticed that someone was peaking through them.

Hannah seemed to notice as well. "You guys can come out, it's safe!" She yelled out.

Two boys stepped out slowly from behind the curtains. One had messy blonde hair, fair skin, and was wearing a green long sleeve t-shirt, jeans, and black Converse sneakers. The other had hazelnut skin and curly, dark hair, and was wearing a red hoodie, khaki shorts, and white Nike sneakers.

Hannah climbed the steps leading up to the stage and greeted the boys. She gestured for Chloe to join her on the stage. Chloe did, still keeping her distance.

The blonde boy stepped close to her, sticking out his hand. "I'm Lucas, nice to meet you." He introduced himself politely.

"I'm Chloe." They shook hands. The other boy came over as well, giving her a small wave.

"My name's Caleb." He said, shaking Chloe's hand.

Hannah ducked behind the curtains.
"I'm gonna go find Annabeth. Come on, we were planning on talking backstage."

Caleb held the curtain aside for Chloe. She thanked him, walking to the center of the stage. Hannah was helping a girl up from the floor. Chloe noticed her hair first--it was dyed a warm purple and it was pretty short, only chin length. The second thing she noticed was that she was holding a cane, which was also painted purple. Chloe could guess that the girl liked the color purple. Her skin was a chestnut color, and she was wearing a yellow sweater, black jeans that were cuffed, and chunky black boots.
She approached Chloe and introduced herself. "Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Annabeth."