CHAPTER TWO: I'VE JUST BEEN EXPOSED!

*???'s pov*

In a tall beautiful building, a black SUV car entered the compound. It was Monalisa Coker. Her personal assistant, Mercy, runs to catch up with her at the entrance immediately she sighted her from the glass window upstairs.

"The eagle has landed...early". Well, she's looking as beautiful as ever.

  Monalisa was a successful buisness woman and she had been into the business since she got married to Professor Jay.

  "Good morning ma'am" Mercy says with a charming smile.
 "'Morning Mercy, how are doing this morning?"Lisa gave her the bags in her hand.
  "Very well, thank you ma" .

  Lisa, being a respectable woman,  enters the office greeting everyone that passed.
------------------2 hours----------
  About 2 hours later, she receives a call from the principal of her daughter's school.
  "Yes ma'am, good morning" Lisa said hoping to put her daughter's lies in a better place for it to be acceptable to the school.
  "We asked your daughter to handover a letter to you and that you are to report to the school with her in the morning". Mrs Williams, the principal said in a concerned tune

  "erm..I didn't see that, I actually, I...was out last night, so..I..you know what? I will come right away and I'll bring her along. I hope it's not too much problem?" Lisa said at last..not knowing what to say again.

"No it's not, she got into a fight and got suspended".

  "oh my Goodness! I didn't see that coming" Lisa said being surprised and furious at the same time. "Wait, did you just say a fight? How...could... I'll get there ASAP"
  "Alright ma'am, we shall be expecting you right away'. Principal Williams says and then ends the call.

Lisa was really angry with her daughter's actions. "She even had the guts to lie to me!" She stood up from her chair and started pacing round her large, beautifully furnished office when Mercy enters

   "Yes Mercy, not now, not now, maybe later. Get the driver, tell him he's taking me to my house right away. And hei, cancel all my appointments for the day. I'll be off to attend to some personal issues". Lisa said trying really hard to put up a smile but obviously not working out.

    Mercy nods her head and rushes out to get the driver. She know this was unusual of her boss.

Lisa in her office was trying to gather her things into the bag while thinking about what her daughter had done.

She felt so disappointed and helpless. She wished her husband was alive to see all these.

   The driver arrived and they got into the car. She was impatient and thought the driver should have moved faster.

_________the same day________

She got to her big house looking furious and walking as fast as she could even though she still doesn't know how to start the conversation.

Isabella who knew it was unusual for her mum to be at home by this time never thought it was going to be trouble for her. She runs downstairs to meet her mum and ask her what happened.

'Hei mum, what's up? Why are you at home? What's happening? Who got you angry?" she said looking at her mother's face with curiosity.

Monalisa calmed herself down but has still refused to answer any of these questions. She had always been impatient with her daughter but not this time. She was helpless and disappointed.

"You know what baby? Go dress up, we're going to your school.....wait, when were you planning to tell me?'

Bella not knowing what to say but sure knew what was coming next for her was a slap if she had lied. She quickly knelt down and started crying "Mom, I swear it wasn't my fault. I was just unfortunate to be caught in the crime scene. Mum, I'm sorry'.

"So you were planning to keep all these from me right? No problem, when we get to your school, I'll know what else to do with your ass! Anyway, the driver is taking us, that way, we can talk better".

Bella thanked her stars that her school was not really far from home. They got into the car and they left.
It was starting to get awkward and then, she started:

"Mom, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to put you through all these stress" Monalisa rolled her eyes and hissed.

She later paid attention to her daughter. "You see, after your dad passed, I tried my best to give you everything you needed. I just don't know what you would have wanted from a fight!".

"Mom, I swear, I won't do it again. I swear". Bella said, looking so determined.

"It's okay, I love you baby". Monalisa held her daughter's face in her palms and looked straight into her eyes.

"I love you too mum".
"Uhm, I'm going to see someone for the night, so you take care of yourself"

"Alright mum".

This is so unusual for her mum but she decided to shut up....since she's not even in the best shoes to ask any questions
........................................................................