Chapter 1 - Demon Slayers

Name: Takumi Ritsu (Black waist length hair and golden eyes – pic in the side)

Age: 18

Ritsu pov:

I yawned as I sat up and pushed the covers off myself. Another day at the village, another noisy morning with my two comrades: Setsuko and Kazuki.

I got up and headed into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

My name is Takumi Ritsu. I'm 18 years old and I'm an elite demon slayer living in this village. Well, I originally came from Tokyo city in Japan and I have no idea how I ended up in the feudal era. One day I was just walking home from school and the next minute, *poof!* I was here.

Its not that I'm complaining though. When I appeared here, the people of this village were really kind and they took me in without asking me anything about my past. Well, I don't know if you can call it past because right now, I was in a time which was way before I was even born. But I guess you got the point. Anyway, the village elder took me in and raised me along with the two other orphans that he took care of....Setsuko and Kazuki.

All three of us bonded quite well and we trained together to fight as demon slayers. It wasn't really a great deal to me since I didn't know about the village. Setsuko and Kazuki were really determined to become demons slayers and I didn't quite understand why. But one day, when the village was attacked by a bunch of demons which resulted in several people being eaten by them, I decided that I too would become a demon slayer and pay my debt for the village's kindness.

It took me about a year to perfect my fighting skills, but Setsuko and Kazuki were patient with me and taught me everything I needed to know. And after that, we began to fight off demons as a team. We became one of the best demon slaying team called 'Three beasts' and we were paid high prices to fight demons across many villages. Besides that, I'm also pretty good at hand to hand combat. I was always a fan of action movies back at home and I had practiced and mastered several stunts that I had seen on TV. It was very useful and it made my fighting style rather unique.

I stepped out of the bathroom dressed in my usual half length kimono and stretch on pants and blinked when I saw Kazuki sitting on my mattress with his arms crossed and his eyes closed. I raised a brow and hung my towel to dry on the window will and I looked at him. "What are you doing in my room, Kazuki? You're supposed to knock and get permission before you walk into a girl's room, you know?" I said and he sent me a playful glare.

Well, obviously since I was a girl, I had a separate room for myself and Kazuki and Setsuko shared a room.

"It's your fault for not locking your door." He said and I rolled my eyes. "That's not the point, you know? Either way, you're supposed to knock." I lectured and he stood up while sighing. "Eh, I don't see how it matters. Its not like you would walk out of the bathroom in a towel. Besides, you don't have a great body anyway." He said and my eyebrow twitched. I got an irk mark on my forehead and I glared. "What did you say?!" "Uh oh...." We both ran out of the room with me holding one of my weapons as I chased him out.

"You guys are at it again...." Setsuko sighed and I stopped pulling at Kazuki's hair. Kazuki was taller than me and he had long brown hair tied in a ponytail and he had green eyes. Setsuko was small in build, had brown eyes and shoulder length black hair of which half was tied up. He was usually the one that broke up our fights since it was a very common occurrence in the village and which most people found entertaining. They would laugh and giggle as they passed by when we were bickering, but no one bothered stopping us since it was usually over really silly matters.

I let go of Kazuki's hair and crossed my arms in anger. "He started it." I said and Kazuki burst out laughing. I couldn't help it and I broke out into laughter as well. "But seriously Kazuki....the next time you come into my room without knocking, I'm going to have to knock some sense into that thick head of yours." I said and he stretched. "Yeah yeah....I don't want to get my butt whooped by you, so I'll play it safe." He said and we three sat down on the grass in our usual training field.