Episode 4: United We Stand, Divided we Fall

Despite their now lower numbers, the Night Pride resumed their patrol of the land. However the group's minds were anything but clear. With Bunga being injured and everyone being concerned for Fuli, mainly Azaad for his own "reasons".

As the hours went on, everyone was ready to finish patrol and go home, when they heard footsteps. Suspecting Shomari or one of his soldiers, the Night Pride were quick to get into defensive positions. Then suddenly, a blur knocked down Kion.

"What was that?" Kion asked as he got up.

The blur once again zoomed through and started to knock down other members of the group. Ono and Anga swiftly flew in the air to avoid being attacked. Everyone was on high alert, until Kion was pinned down by someone familiar.

Kion looked up in disbelief. "Fuli?"

"What... Are you doing?" Kion said as Fuli used her paw to apply pressure to Kion's throat. Fuli just stared down, cold and emotionless.

Before she could do any damage to Kion, she was knocked off of Kion by Beshte. "Thanks Beshte." The Red Maned Lion said

"Kion, are you alright?" Ono asked.

"I'll be fine. But what's going on with Fuli?" The group shifted their focus to see Fuli recovering from the attack.

The cheetah growled as she attempted to attack the group once again. The four were barely able to keep her at bay, however she was too quick for them to pin down, meaning they had to focus on not getting hurt themselves.

"Fuli snap out of it!" Kion pleaded, hoping to reach out to his friend.

He was knocked back

"No, I'm done listening to your orders." She replied, as she began to circle her friends.

Beshte, Ono, Anga, and Kion looked at her with confusion. "C'mon Fuli, that's enough." Beshte said, trying to reason with her

"I don't think so." She shifted her focus to Kion. "You were our leader, we put our trust in you. I put my trust in you. And where did that get us?"

"What happened with Bunga was an accident. I'm just as upset about what happened as you are"

She lightly chuckled, as her expression quickly shifted to a more bitter one. "I've had enough of your excuses."

As if on command, a group of lions led by Shomari approached the group. "ONO, GO FIND THE REST OF THE NIGHT PRIDE, WE NEED BACKUP!" Kion shouted in desperation. 

The group of three attempted to keep Shomari's forces from entering the Kingdom. However it seemed like the corrupt Lion went all out on this attack, as he had brought his entire army with him. The odds were clearly stacked against them

Kion fought his way through the crowd and quickly made a move on Shomari, striking him in the face.

The Lion chuckled as he collected himself from the surprise attack. "Let's dance!" He said, before making a move at Kion, attempting to strike him, Kion quickly maneuvered around him, and landed another blow at him.

Beshte guarded the Border of the Mountain Pass, while Anga would attempt to swop in and land a few quick blows on the Lions that attempted to sneak past him.

However as the fight grew to be more intense, the group became overwhelmed. Especially Kion who wasn't doing well against Shomari. It seemed like they weren't going to walk away from this fight alive.