[36] - Crow Mom

Once again another day of practice, shouts from different teams, the sound of sneakers running against the ground. Karasuno was now having a match against Nekoma, right now of course Nekoma was in the lead but by only 3 points. The match was intense, Karasuno was having a pretty good play day. Even if they haven't won any matches yet, they have gotten close to multiple times. Right now Nekoma was at 18 points while Karasuno was at 15, it was a close game indeed. It was Nekoma's turn to serve, the ball went over the other side but it was quickly received by Nishinoya and given to Kageyama. Kageyama was ready to do a dump only for it to be received Yaku and set to Kenma, tossing it over to Yamamoto as the Nekoma ace went to spike the volleyball down to the other side, hoping to finish up and earn a point for his team. However, the little (h/c) haired male had other plans, seeing the ball coming down he quickly ran up to the net to stop the ball, resulting to a one touch. The opposite glared at the short male for saving the ball as the said male stutteredly announced before running back to his position at the back.

"O-one-to-touchie!"

Not long after, it was responded with Daichi receiving and giving it back to Kageyama, who this time called out to Tanaka who was ready to return the favour from Yamamoto only to have it quickly blocked by Lev and Kuroo. Nekoma was ready to celebrate another point given to them until a current second setter ran in full speed from the back and went diving for the ball. Everyone was caught off guard, especially when (M/n)'s hand actually came in contact with the ball causing it to go up and just lucky enough go over the net and drop. Hitting the ground before anyone could save it.

The whistle blew signalling the point for Karasuno, the Nekoma team sighed as the crows erupted in cheers. All were about to praise the first year for that awesome save only to hear the protective momma crow call out a time in a panic.

"TIMEOUT! TIMEOUT!"

Everyone stared at the third year setter confused, wondering what all the fuse the third year setter was on about until they all suddenly heard slight pained groan coming from the ground or more specifically where (M/n) went. Turning their heads, they saw the short male still on the ground, sitting up slowly only to winch in slight pain. The (h/c) haired male looked down onto his legs to see he had scrapped his knee by accident, in an instant the Karasuno team mom came bolting in seconds.

"OMG (M/N)!"

(M/n) jumped slightly in surprised at the sudden yelling, turning to see Suga already at his side as he quickly went onto full mom mode, putting his hand onto (M/n)'s forehead, checking his body to look for any signs of other injuries

"Are you sick? Are you hurt? Are you ble-"

"Calm down Momma bird.."

"Momma wh-"

Kuroo quickly interrupted the overly concerned crow as he and Kenma quickly got over to the other side of the net to check on their baby crow. They looked over at (M/n)'s slightly scrapped knee and winched at it, though it wasn't that bad, it looked pretty serious with some skin peeling. Kuroo gazed over the male worriedly as Kenma analyzed the boy more to make sure he didn't have any other lingering injuries. He was ready to leave it to the third year Karasuno setter until he notice something red behind (M/n), growing concerned the pudding haired pointed to the red substance as he asked,

"(M/n)...What's that?"

Catching the other two's as well as (M/n) himself's attention, turning to where the duel colour haired male pointed to. (M/n) looked as well before noticing it was coming from his hand, pulling his hand up and the three stared in horror at what they saw. (M/n)'s thumb nail seem to have lifted probably due to when his save, his nail must have dug into the ball before pushing up. It only happened cause (M/n)'s nails seem to have been longer than usual. Blood leaked down from the sides of the slightly lifted nail as (M/n) touched it only for him to winch back, a few stray tears starting to form. Suga quickly took the injured hand away from the (h/c) haired male.