Son of the Mafi ~ T W O ~

Son of the Mafia

P A R T T W O

            I collapsed into my first period seat and let my head fall into my arms on the table. My first class was Forensic Sciences, which was not too hard.

            The bell rang, and I told myself I would pick my head up once the teacher started to speak. When I heard the sound of a chair scraping against the floor as someone pulled it next to me.

            Confused, I looked up. My partner in this class was absent today, she had not been to cheerleading practice this morning, so I was dumbfounded as to who could be taking her seat.

            When my eyes came in contact with the person it was non other than the new kid I had ran into this morning, “Someone sits there.” I said simply.

            “Oh well. Doesn’t look like they’re sitting her now.” He gave me an ‘I’m a bada*s and I can do whatever I want’ look.

            In response I just rolled my eyes and looked to the front of the room. Seconds later the teacher, Mr. Fowler, called class to attention and started talking about blood splatters.

            A few minutes later I felt someone poking me, already knowing who it was, I turned to glare at the new kid, “Stop. I’m trying to pay attention.” Before turning back to the teacher.

            “Why are you ignoring me?” He whispered in my ear, genuinely confused.

            Shocked by how close he was I leaned away, “Never had a girl reject you before?” I asked while rolling my eyes.

            He looked at me with a dumbfound expression, “No.” He seemed to think of something for a second, “But we’ll change your opinion soon.” There was a glint of something in his eyes as he said that. I could not tell what it was, but it was almost scary enough to send shivers through my body.

            There is something odd about this kid, but I could not pinpoint what it was.

            “By the way, I’m Adamo.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            The rest of the morning passed by pretty smoothly. Adamo was in a few of my classes, but luckily the seats around me were taken. Meaning that he could not sit next to me and bother me.

            Tiredly, I slumped down into my seat in the lunch room and threw some money on the table knowing someone would pick it up. Most of the people at the table were just snobbish wannabes, but there were some that I did actually like.

            Either way though, they all knew that I was dead on my feet by lunch time, so they would get my lunch for me, which I greatly appreciated because I really needed to regain my strength for practice after school.

            After some shuffling around, I heard a tray being placed in front of me and I looked up to see Rachel. Giving her a grateful smile, and a thank you, and started inhaling my food.

            Three quarters of a salad, an apple, and a granola bar later I noticed that Adamo was sitting at our table. I gave a confused look to Rachel, only to notice that she was staring at him intently and laughing at everything he said.

            Even from here, I could tell that he was not even saying anything funny. But it did not seem like he minded. I rolled my eyes and laughed a little at my best friend before finishing my salad.

            “Hey Ella?” A male voice spoke up.

            I looked up to see one of my closer friends Jeff, “Hey Jeff.” I smiled.

            “You going to that party after the game Friday?” Jeff was the quarter back on the schools football team, so most people assumed we would be dating. But, it just does not work that way, we were close friends and nothing more.

            Or at least I thought so, “Yeah, obviously.” I jokingly rolled by eyes at him.

            He laughed, “Do you want to go together?”

            I thought for a second, it had been a while since I had gone out with anyone. Especially seeing as most guys wanted to date me to either get in my pants or to get into the popular circle. But Jeff was already in the popular circle, and he was a good friend. “Yeah, sure.” I smiled.

            “Great! I gotta go to my locker. See you later.” He jumped up from the table, giving me a quick hug, before walking out of the lunch room.

            After talking for a little longer with the rest of the table, the bell rang and I got up to throw my trash away. Feeling more energized and headed to my last class of the day, study hall.

            It was a senior privilege to leave early – or come in late – if we had a study hall last or first period. But because I had cheerleading right after school, I did not see the point in leaving then coming right back.

            Half way to my class, a janitor’s closet opened up and two hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me in before I had time to react.