chapter 2

I would like to dedicate this chapter to AlaskaHeartsNigeria, for making me the best cover ever. And hopfully this is longer than the last chapter!

                                           "~Old Friendships Renewed~"   

*Ring, ring*

“Wha? Woah." thump! “Ow, um, hello”

~Silence~

“um hello” still nothing on the other end except a click. After I hung up I couldn’t go back to sleep I felt sooo guilty about leaving Eri. I almost tried his cell but I heard the door open. I thought it was him, but I soon relized it was not.

“ Hey, where is Eri?”

“Hi Hisae, what time is it you were out really late with Frank.”

“Well we went to see a movie then had dinner then went to his friends place for a party but you didn’t answer my question where is Eri?”

“Oh I ditched him at the policy station.”

“What? Wait why?”

“ First off we was drunk and I really hate it when he is such a jerk.”

“He is a jerk all the time.” she chuckled as if nothing was wrong, but it didn’t brighten my mood

“Either way I got tired of supporting his law problems and bail.”

“We have to find him. You guys are sword and master paired forever, no matter what.”

“ Well I want respect and someone, no something that won’t take me for granted.”

“You know that’s not how it works.”

“And besides I have you still and you are not like that. you actually are my friend.”

“Yeah so that doesn’t matter he is also your sword so let’s go find him.”

“Hisae plea-”

“common we’re going now.” She dragged me out of the house in my Pajamas. The police station was empty. The bar tender hadn’t seen him all night. We checked out all his favorite hang outs, but he wasn’t anywhere; I started worrying. In the morning we went back home, he wasn’t there. He has gone missing before but not this lon

 We called friends, teachers to help with our search. After about two hours people started to leave and said “ call the police tomorrow, then we’ll come back”. I was heartbroken that no one seemed to care.

“He’s probably at home right now laughing at us.” Hisae must have seen the worry on my face and was now trying to cheer me up.

“No he’s not I can feel it, something is wrong and it’s all my fault, if only I had given him that ride.” I started to cry while sitting on some steps. I can’t believe I missed him this much.

“Hey it’s not-”

“Um, is this where I check in to help with the search.” I looked up teary eyed in amazement that someone wanted to help. Then I noticed it was Kiegen the hottest, strongest, guy at school. I was so embarrassed I started to blush.

“oh. Um, well. Yo- yeah.”

“Yes it is”

“Cool, what can I do to help?” Hisae nudged me in the ribs, after he spoke. Then bent down to my ear and whispered.

“Speak to him, now is your chance.”

“Ow,” I gave her a glare, then turned back to Kiegen, “well right ah,  First Kiegen you go to the park, Hisae you go to the alley behind the café. I’ll go to the bar again.” Then we all went to our look outs. After I explained to Kiegen who we were looking for. I doubted he would be at any of those places but I had to keep trying. On my way to the bar I could hear the most melodist music coming from the music shop’s grand piano. I listened in the doorway noticing how familiar it sounded and ran to the piano. “Eri?!” and there he was. He looked up from the keys and stood.

“Sake, look before you do anything I’d like to say I’m sorry and I promise to cut down going to jail one a-” he could have said day but I didn’t care, I gave him I ever had.

“I can’t believe you. Why did you do that to me? I stayed up all night looking for you.”

“Oh. So that’s why you look so ugly today. Wait, that’s how you look every day.” I laughed and started to cry tears of joy in his chest I was so relieved to have found him. “Sounds like you missed me. Admit it you like me.” I whipped my eyes and backed out of the hug.

“No, I was just worried I lost one of my good swords! And you know what…” I smiled at him. But he gave me a look of confusion.

“What?” I gave him a quick squeeze.

“Well I do like you as a friend.” I put my hands on my hips, “I mean common you know Kiegen is the only person I like that way.”

“Like what?” I spun around and saw Hisae and Kiegen in the doorway, and started blushing again.

“Like a boyf-” I smacked my hand over Eri’s mouth, hard. And he gave me a look of pain.

“Like a friend.” Eri removed my hand showing a red hand print across his mouth.

“Cool you want to grab a bite to eat.” Before I could answer him Eri jumped in.

“Sure I’m starving” he healed quickly considering he is a demon. But Kiegen scowled at him.

“Actually I was asking Miss Sakura.” He then gave me a warm smile.

“Um, it’s just” I was getting flustered; thankfully Hisae came to my rescue

“She’d love to right sake?”

“Oh, yes I would. Where are we going?”

“Now that’s a secret, mwhahaha,” he had a cute laughed. “Uh, hahaha,” he then linked his arm with mine and led me down the street and into his car.

"I don't trust him."

"What's wrong with him Amida?"

"I can't really say something about him is off."

"Well i think they are perfect for each other! And even if he is evil, Sake can take care of herself."

"I don't think she'll be able to in this case; she is too head over heels for him to even try to notice anything wrong."

"Well I didn't notice anything wrong."

"That's because you are not trying to look on the negative side."

"yeah, so. I choose to look on the bright side."

"Just because it's the bright side doesn't make it the right side," Hisae was about to argue but after seeing his point she nodded in agreement. “I’m going to follow her to make sure she is safe." She waved him off.

"Whatever I have plans with Fred anyway." She turned and pointed in the direction the car was heading," and Amida," Eri turned following the same direction.

"What?"

“You may want to pick up your pace they just turned the corner at the cross section."

"Oh, shit!" And Eri had left following me and Kiegen. He can move pretty fast when he wants to. Because he is a demon he has the ability to shadow travel. It uses shadows and darkness; only children or gods of the underworld can use it.