Chapter 3

"Will, I am nice if anything at all," Rebecca said dramatically, putting a hand to her heart.

He put a hand to his heart as well, mockingly, and said, "Of course not. You're the cherry on top of every girl's day."

She pouted.

"Oh, come on, Becca," Will said, reaching for her hand. "You know I love you."

She smirked at me. "Oh, I know."

Oh, great. She already hates me. Why though? I have nothing compared to her.

The headpiece woman speed-walked by the room, muttering to her microphone. Then she backpedalled and poked her head in the room.

"Kids?" she asked. "Rudy wants you at rehearsal in ten minutes."

"Rehearsal?" Drew and I exclaimed.

"I just got the script!" I opened it up and quickly flipped through the pages, attempting to quickly memorize my lines.

A cool hand descended upon mine and stopped the flipping. "Don't worry," Will said. "We can use our scripts at rehearsals if we have to."

"Thank goodness," I breathed. I looked at our hands. His didn't move. My heart hammered in my chest.

"I'm not that good," Will said, winking at me. I blushed.

Will Evers was flirting with me! This was so Twilight Zone.

Rebecca cleared her throat loudly. "Well, Will, Andrew, Annie, we should head over."

Will withdrew his hand and I immediately wanted it back.

"It's Addie," I said.

Drew gave me a look. "If she says you're Annie, you're Annie," he said.

I glared at him. "Whatever, Andrew."

Will chuckled under his breath. He extended a hand and helped me out of my seat.

Rebecca was at the door. "Will?"

Will let go of me and practically ran to her. "Coming, Becca." She looped her arm through his, and the gorgeous pair strolled out the door.

"I don't like her," I muttered to Drew as he and I walked less gracefully to the filming part of the studio, although I assumed there would be no cameras today.

"I do," Drew said happily. I punched him lightly in the shoulder.

"Only because you think she's hot."

"Yeah, but she seems all right as a person."

"Doubt that."

"Whatever, Annie."

I wanted to kill him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All right, folks!" Rudy said, spinning around in front of our little group. "It's time for your first rehearsal!"

Rebecca clapped her hands together enthusiastically. "I have my lines memorized. I'm ready to go!" She looked at me pointedly.

Will sighed and gave me an apologetic look. I smiled and shrugged.

I was going to be the bigger person.

Rudy smiled at us all and said, "Okay. Today, I want to practice the first meeting scenes. Charlie and Sarah, Isabelle and Jace, Jace and Charlie, and Sarah and Isabelle. Okay? Okay!

"First, Charlie and Sarah."

Rebecca smiled sweetly at Drew. He blinked. Then he looked at his script. "Hey, that's me."