6. Fathers Day

Hi, lovelies!❣  Here's the chapter six of 'Picture Perfect'. I plan to have updates every Monday. I was going to post this chapter previous Monday, but certain tragedies didn't let me do so 😁.

By the way, this book is now near to almost 500 reads! 😍 Thanks to you, my dear readers! I can't thank you guys enough...❤

 Anyways, enough talking 😅. I hope you like it. Enjoy, Vote and comment ❤

My hands are tied to my bed, as I wake up.

"What the hell?" I scream.

I struggle against the rope tying me to my bed, with every bit of strength, and still, I can't budge. My spine hurts from being tied. My throat gets sore of screaming.

"Please, help me!" I cried.

I am alone in my darkroom, hoping that someone would come and rescue me. And then I hear footsteps towards my room.

Step after step...

My heart pounding within my chest, ready to explode, my eyes scan left and right for signs of someone coming to help.

I see a masked man, enter my room. This person seriously doesn't seem to be the kind who'll be helping me.

And then he goes toward my cupboard and starts throwing out stuff from it.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" I ask him

And then the tossing stops. He holds out my camera bag. And takes out my camera one by one. Celeste ( My Canon DSLR) and Nicole (My Nikon Bridge camera) and the one mom bought for me, My FujiFilm Instax (Fiona).

He held out Fiona. I watched in shock.

"Put it back". I shrieked.

"Please" I pleaded.

And then I heard his sinister laughter. And then he dropped Fiona.

"Nooo..." I wailed.

I woke up screaming from my abysmal nightmare. I have sweat on my forehead. The sheets were twisted around my limbs, probably because I was thrashing in my sleep. My heart thumping, and my body quivering due to fear.

I ran to my cupboard and opened up my camera bag.

There she was. Fiona, my most precious Camera. The one mom gifted to me.

"It was just a nightmare, Haley." I relaxed.

The San Francisco sunlight beamed through the slight parting between the curtains, presenting the morning sun against my face.

"It's Morning already?"

I was still in my airport outfit. It brought to me all the flashbacks from yesterday.

Well, its time for me to meet Dad. I'd been discourteous enough lately.

I had to freshen up. Mainly because I looked like a ghost, with bleary eyes and hair all tangled up, thanks to my nightmare.

After I looked tidy, I went straight to Derek's room.

I knocked at the door, but no response. Probably still asleep. As I opened the door, I couldn't see a square centimeter of his bedroom carpet. His room was dark and rather messy.

Not so typical of, Derek. His sweaty t-shirt and pair of jeans lied on the floor.

And there he was, shirtless, sleeping on his stomach, and snoring.