chapter 1

Dress of the day------------------------>

______________________________________________________________________________________

It was only a month ago when my parents were murdered in front of me. I spent the better half of the month in the hospital recovering from my bullet wound in my side. The rest was spent with the police helping them track down my parent’s killer. They had no luck finding him, but they did know who he was. His name is John Brown. He is a murderer, drug dealer, and human trafficker. My dad being a detective was investigating him and when he finally had enough evidence he arrested him. John Brown was going to go to prison for life, but the night before court he found out where my father lived and shot him along with my mother and me. My dad will never get to see him be punished from his crimes. Not only did John Brown ruin the lives of other, he ruined mine as well.

So here I am pulling into my uncles drive way. I sat in my car just staring at my new home. Oh I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself. My name is Scarlett Port, but everyone calls me Scar. I am a senior in high school. I have long light brown hair and light green eyes. I am five foot seven and have a really tiny figure. I am a VERY shy person. When I say shy I mean never looking at people or talking to anyone I do not know. I get very timid when I am near people or in a group of people, but ever since that night I’ve been extremely jumpy. Oh fun fact I never wear pants only dresses and sometimes skirt. I don’t really know why but that’s my style.

I looked over and saw the front door opening and out walked a tall man in his late forties and dark hair walking outside and waited for me. Taking a deep breath I turn the car off and exited it making my way to my Uncle Ricky. “Hey Scarlett, how are you doing?” He asked with a soft smile placed on his face.

“Hey Uncle Ricky I’m doing well.” Smiling back as I stood in front of him.

 “Come on I’ll show you to your room. Me and Luke set everything up yesterday so you can just set and rest, okay?”

“I nodded “Thanks.” I followed him into the house. Walking up the stairs to the second floor and led me to the room at the end of the hallway. It was the guest room I would always stay in whenever I would come up and visit him, which wasn’t a lot because he lived in North Carolina while I lived in Florida.

I walked into the room and notice that it was now painted my favorite color purple. My white bed had a little and dark purple bedding on it. My dresser and night stand were also white. Walking deeper into the room I saw my white desk and purple swirly chair. I turned back to my Uncle and hugged him. “Thank you Uncle Ricky I love it.”

“Well that’s good because we worked hard on it.” He chuckled “We wanted you to be comfortable here.” I smiled even more.

“Where’s Luke at?” I asked looking for my brown hair green eyed cousin.

“He should be here any second now.” and with that I heard the front door slammed close. Running downstairs I spotted him.

“LUKE!” I screamed.

“SCAR!” he yelled back catching me as I jumped into his arms hugging him to death. You see since I never had any sibling me and Luke bonded. He was like the brother I always wanted. “Oh Scar how I have missed you soooooo much.”

“I missed you more.”

“Luke put her down she’s still recovering remember?” Uncle Ricky said from behind me.

“Crap I forgot. Are you okay? Do you feel any pain?” he asked looking over me to see if anything was hurting, which nothing was.

“I’m okay guys I swear.” I rolled my eyes at them.

“Scar how about you settle everything in because you have school tomorrow. If you’re not ready you can wait a week or two.”

“It’s ok I want to go to school.”

“Ok well dinner will be done in an hour or so, I call you when it’s ready.” Uncle Ricky said as he walked into the kitchen and started preparing dinner.

“Okay.” I went back to my room and started opening my boxes that were placed in the corner of my room against my wall. I started on my cloths than went my other stuff. After an hour everything was put way and the empty boxes were flattened and put in the hallway. Uncle Ricky called us down for dinner. After I took a shower and went straight to bed falling asleep almost instantly.  

_____________________________________________________________________

hey guys so um watcha think about this story?

vote...?

comment...?

fan...?!?!?!?!

teehee i hoped you enjoyed

love Heather