Chapter 8

He brought me to a taylor's shop. "Wh-what are we doing here?" I asked. "I've already explained, you need a good look if you plan on getting rid of the organization without them recognizing you", Nova answered. I was bewildered. Was he trying to turn me into some type of costumed hero? I suppose it makes sense, since I did save his life and I plan on getting rid of the ones who killed my father. What could happen?

     "Hello, Nova", said a mare at the counter, "how may I be of assistance to you today?" My eyes locked with hers, she was the most beautiful mare I'd ever seen. Her coat was crystal clear white and a beautiful ice-blue mane. She blushed, "U-umm, Nova won't you introduce me to your friend here?" "Oh this is--" "Clock", I interrupted, "Christopher Clock." I held out my hoof to shake hers. She, still blushing a tad, shook my hoof. "My name is Vallery Sunshine. I-I'm glad to make your acquaintence, Mr.Clock", she said. My smile quickly faded away as I remembered that exact name that little colt called my father. Sorrow and anger filled my heart once more and I just stared to the ground. "The pleasure...is all mine..."

     She noticed my present emotion, "I'm sorry if I said anything to offend you, sir." "No, it's fine", I said looking back up, "Just call me Christopher... please." Nova quickly stepped in. "I'm sorry for intruding, but I was hoping you could fix this young stallion's suit up. I would also like to request a white fedora with black ribbon and a midnight black mask."

     "Going to a party, are we?" she asked. "You could call it that", I said, "It was a pleasure meeting a beautiful mare such as yourself, Ms. Valery." She tried to hide her blushing face as she hung my jacket up on the hangers but I could see it easily.

* * *

     As we re-entered the shop just an hour later, Valery handed me some new clothes and the other items requested. "The jacket you were wearing was too torn up to fix so I managed to make a new one in time." "How much do I pay?" I asked. "Oh, it's on the house", she answered. "Oh, thank you." I put on the suit and turned around a bit. "How do I look?" She smiled brightly at me and my heart skipped a beat. "You look great, marvelous even", She said.

     Nova and I exited the shop and he was just staring at me. "Is there something on my face?" I asked. "No~", he answered in a childish tone. "Then what?" "Hehe, oh nothing." "Come on, tell me." Oh it's nothing, don't worry about it." Please tell me, I'm beginning to lose patience." "Okay...Lovebirds." Nova then burst out laughing. My face was burning red with embarrassment. 

     "Sh-shut up!" I said, trying to hide my face. "I've n-n- interest in her, I swear!" Nova couldn't stop himself from laughing so hard I doubted he could even breathe. Don't try to lie, I saw the look you gave her!" He was practically rolling on the ground laughing. "You've got a crush on her!"

     I couldn't deny it. My heart practically stopped when she looked at me. I sighed in total defeat. "Stop the immaturity. You're right about me." He finally stopped laughing, gasping for air. 

     Just when he was about to speak, I heard the cocking of a rifle. I quickly grabbed Nova and jumped into an alleyway. A shot was fired. We checked ourselves for wounds. I heard hoof steps behind me and tried to buck the pony. I felt my hooves being grabbed and I was thrown out of the alleyway.