Chapter 5

Cheska's POV

"Your mom and Drake's mom are bestfriend ever since. Even before I met your mom, they were already together. Noong pinanganak si Drake ng mommy niya, nalaman namin na your mom will be having a baby girl, and that is you Cheska. Since then, they promised each other na kayo dapat ang magkatuluyan. Kaya noong bata pa lang kayo, laging kayo ang pinagsasama. You are always playing together and you always cry when you need to go home. Not until his mom died because of an accident. You were six that time while Drake was seven. And his father blames him for what happened. After that, they left the village and since then, wala na kaming nabalitaan sa kanila. Your mom said that whatever happens, you and Drake should marry each other. That is the last thing she can do for her best friend. Although, it still depends on you Cheska. You are always free to say no if you are uncomfortable with it, okay? Your mom will surely understand."

That is what dad told me about Drake. After what I found out, I now knew where he is coming from. His mother left him alone with his dad who blames him for what happened. Maybe that's why he acts like that. I don't know what happened but there is a big chance that he is also blaming himself. Hindi na ako nagtanong kay daddy dahil mas gusto kong manggaling iyon kay Drake dahil it's a sensitive topic and maybe he doesn't want to share anything about it. Now I had the urge to reply to him after thinking this much.

I am here at my room after eating breakfast. I grabbed my phone, saved his number, and started to type my message.

To: Drake

Hi! Sorry for this late reply. After giving much thought about what happened, I am accepting your apology. I just hope that it won't happen again. Btw, thank you for the flowers and chocolates earlier.

After sending him a message, nagprepare na ako para pumasok sa trabaho. Nagbihis na lang ako since naligo na ako kanina. I just wore a white asymmetrical styled dress with a tulip styled sleeve, a beige colored stilleto, a light make-up, a pair of diamond earings, and my most precious possession, my mom's necklace. It has a heart pendant with her name engraved on it. I also tied my hair on a ponytail.

9:30 na nang makarating ako sa company.

"Good morning Ms. Cheska." bati sa akin ng bawat empleyadong nakakasalubong ko. Sa sobrang dami nila ay ngiti na lang ang ibinabati ko.

As the heiress of the company, kailangan kong imaintain ang aking good image to gain people's trust. But at the same time, I should not always act kind to everyone so they won't take me for granted, that's what my dad always reminds me. As of now, I am working as the Chief Financial Officer of our Jewelry company while my dad is the CEO.

Pumasok na ako sa opisina ko habang nakasunod sa akin si Ms. Lee, ang aking secretary. Inantay niya akong maka-upo bago idiniscuss ang schedule ko for today. Agad ko namang kinuha ang fountain pen para pirmahan ang mga documents sa table ko habang nakikinig sa kanya.

"You have a meeting with the marketing team and sales team at 11 a.m. Lunch meeting with an investor with the Chief Marketing Officer at 12:30 p.m. And at 3 p.m, you need to attend the board meeting. That's your schedule for today Ms. Kim." Ms. Lee said.

"Okay, thank you." I said while still signing the papers before she left.

Mahigit isang oras na akong nagbabasa at nagpipirma ng mga documents na karamihan ay mga proposals, while some are just transaction documents. Sa sobrang dami nito ay balak kong ituloy na lang habang nakikinig sa meeting later. Habang inaayos ko ang mga ito ay nagring ang phone ko.

"Yes dad?"

"Do you have any plans tonight?" dad asked.

"Wala naman po."