11. Crush

Song suggestion:  Night changes by One direction or Life of the party by Shawn Mendes :)
Enjoy!

********

"What!? Tell me what is it?" I ask keeping my pen down and glare at Lina.

I and Lina are in our room. I am doing my homework and she is working on something. She is giving me these weird looks for a long time now, so I finally decided to question her about it.

"Nothing you just look a little overjoyed today." Lina looks at me over her laptop with her eyebrows raised.

"No,I don't," I say lifting my pen back.

I peek at her and she is still looking at me with amusement. My phone receives a notification and we both look at it. It lays on the table between our beds. She picks it up and outstretchs her hand to give it to me. Suddenly her eyes widen looking at my phone.

She retracts her hand before I could reach the phone and gives a surprised gasp,"You gave Asher your number. Wait... he asked you for your number!?"

She squeals and pinches my cheeks,"My baby is growing up. The first step is complete."

"What first step?" I am beyond confused.

What is she talking about? And what's so exciting about sharing numbers?

"Duh, the first step. He asked for your number and after some days he is going to ask you out," she says teasingly.

"It's nothing like that. He took my number to text me some project stuff. Nothing more-" my words are cut off by the sound of my phone.

"Right school stuff..... it also includes 'Hey Everlee what's up?'. Yay that is totally project stuff," she says playfully.

I snatch the phone from her and she laughs loudly,"He is just making conversation. We just became friends, it's normal to ask questions like that don't make not normal."

"Yeah and I believe you. But why is there this little something on your cheeks." She touches my cheek with a grin on her face

I had not realise that I am blushing so I slap her hand away,"Linaaaa, there's nothing. Stop teasing me."

"Admit it Lee, you finally have a crush on a guy." I firmly shake my head at her words.

She merely glances at her watch and continues,"I have to be somewhere but we will talk about this later. Till then keep texting your friend."

She winks at me picking up her purse and walks out of the door.

I sigh and look at my phone. Asher has texted me the project format and a text that Lina read earlier.

I decide to reply him with a simple,

Nothing much just some homework. What about you?

His text comes immediately.

Just chilling out in a park nearby. It's really nice, you should come with me someday.

My fingers hover over the keyboard trying to form a good reply.

Yeah sure. Someday ....

Shit no I shouldn't have said it that way!

I slam my hand on my forehead when another text comes.

Hope that someday comes soon :)

I stare at the screen reading those words again and again.