Chapter twenty: Shifting Might of Crow and Dog!

"Dragon Strike!" pillars of thundering blue energy runs across the field.

      Tearing up the land and cutting down trees in its roaring waking moment, the blast feels like a raging hurricane but alight with lighting. I could feel the electricity in the air as I bring my arm up to cover my face, shielding my eyes from the bright blast of light and onslaught of pebbles. My heart is beating wildly in my chest as my eyes close slightly, my stomach is in knots as I feel Rin clinging to my somewhat torn kimono.

      'Shino! What happened to Shino?' my mind is running a mile a minute as my eyes finally adjust to see his small limp body lying in the crater. 'He's not moving!' the pillars of bright blue lighting started to fade into a slender figure of a roaring dragon before disappearing into the sky.

     Without a second thought, I pushed myself to run. Throwing myself in the line of fire as I kneel over the white fluffy limp body of Shino, shaking as I slowly scoop up his form into my arms. He felt much lighter than I recall him being when I first held him. In fact, I didn't know if he was breathing before a dull light seemed to emanate from within him. Then nothing, my watery eyes blinks in disbelief as he's no longer in my embrace like he turned into a mist, but I somehow could still feel him near me. Glancing down at my bracelet, I notice that the centerpiece returned to its respectable place on my wrist, holding it close to my chest. I breathe a sigh of relief.

*Tink!*

      The unmistakable clashing of metal against metal brings me back to the waking world. My limbs aching from the unnecessary strain I have placed on them as I gaze upwards while sparks fiercely fly from the colliding blades. Sesshomaru looked so much smaller than Saburo, who wielded his cross-shaped spear almost flawlessly, continued to swing, and jab at his opponent. Still, the lord of the western lands barely even flinched in response.

*Clang!* *Clink!*

      'H-He's amazing!' I couldn't help but gawk at them as I notice Jaken and Rin hurry to my side along with poor Ah-Un, who seems to have recovered entirely from the poison.

      "As expected of you, my Lord!" Jaken squawked with eagerness as he glares at Saburo. "He's nothing compared to you in battle, kill him, my lord! Show him your might!" he continued to cheer for his beloved master.

      "Is Shino going to be alright?" Rin quickly spoke her own worries, which made me look away from the fight going on before meeting her worried gaze.

      I didn't know how to respond. My eyes searched hers before a meek smile graced my lips as I nod, hoping that would be enough to give Rin a peace of mind because I couldn't trust my voice at the moment. She returns a smile of her own before reaching for my hand. I can feel her tiny fingers fondling my sacred bracelet.

      "I'm glad," I barely caught the soft words that came from underneath her breath. "Lord Sesshomaru, I believe in you!" she cheers along with Jaken as the battle continues in the distance.

      It didn't look like he took in any notice of his traveling companion's cheering cries, let alone did he let up his onslaught on Saburo. Both seemed so intent on the kill, fluid motions that nearly resembled a dance. The longer the blades clashed against the other, the more evident Saburo became more exhausted along with his Jumonji yari as a piece broke off suddenly from Sesshomaru's careful strikes.

      "Argh!" Saburo growls before charging again while our lord barely looked like he was out of breath.