Chocolate Cake

Elsa was sitting quietly in the library reading a fairytale storybook when little Anna came bursting through the door.

“Elsa! Elsa!” Anna ran over to her sister, “guess what?”

“What?” Elsa put down her book and smiled at her sister’s excitement.

“There is CHCOLATE cake in the kitchen!” Anna exclaimed.

“Really?” Elsa licked her lips and her mouth started to water from just thinking about it.

“Yes! Let’s go get some!” Anna ran as fast as she could to the kitchen, “Come on!”

“Anna! Wait for me!” Elsa ran after her energetic sister.

The two girls were almost to the kitchen when they bummed into their mother. The Queen laughed and smiled at the girl’s excited faces.

“Hi Momma!” The giggling Elsa and Anna said in chorus.

The Queen smiled at her beautiful little girls, “Why hello, and where are you two off to,” she asked, and tickled their tummies.

“Well…” Anna said and glancing over at Elsa.

“We are uh…its top secret!” Elsa exclaimed.

Their mother could tell they were up to something but she decided not to worry about it. She remembered when she and her sister used to do top secret things also.

“Oh I see,” Their mother kissed each of them, “Have fun,”

Anna smiled and grabbed her sister’s hand. They ran straight into the kitchen.

The kitchen was a very busy place and was famous for their chocolate cake. Although, Dixie the Cook made sure none of the royal family spoiled their dinner by eating sweets. The Princesses had inherited their Father’s sweet tooth.

    The chocolate cake sat in the very middle of the table. The cake was a beautiful dark brown and had milk chocolate icing. To the girls dismay the chocolate cake was on the other side of the room. Suddenly, Elsa had an idea. She took her sister’s hand and slowly entered the kitchen. When someone wasn’t looking Elsa and Anna would run under a table with a tablecloth. Once they were close to the chocolate cake the two girls froze. Dixie was very close to the table the two princesses were under. Dixie dropped a spoon under the table and bent down to get it. Anna took the spoon and made it slide from under the table.

            The cook quickly rose but bumped her head in the process.

“Ouch!” she exclaimed.

Elsa and Anna quickly put their hands over their mouths to keep from giggling.

“That stinking spoon!” Dixie fussed to herself and finally retrieved the strange spoon.

Elsa looked at Anna and put a finger over her mouth. Anna smiled and nodded. The girls wait until everyone in the kitchen wasn’t looking their way and raced to the dessert table. Anna stopped and stared at the sweets while Elsa ducked under the table. Dixie was right beside Anna but her back was turned.