Chap 5

"And so, I locked myself inside my bunker..for ten years.
"Was that why you did that? To protect me?"
Branch shrugged and looked away.
"Ofcourse...you meant everything to me...I couldn't let anything happen to you.. and I thought that...if I were happy, then I would somehow make something terrible happen to those I love....and..you were the only one I really loved.."
He looked down, seeming a little sad.
"And when I needed to get out from my bunker again I always tried to push you away....and....you seemed to like someone else......so.. I was both scared and heartbroken.."
Poppy looked at him, feeling his pain just by seeing his expression.
"I never really loved Creek. My heart was always with you." Poppy lifted up his head to look at her.
"The only reason that I liked him a little more was because I was heartbroken too. When you locked yourself inside your bunker...I didn't know what to do...I wanted to be with you so badly, but I couldn't.." She looked away.
"So I decided to try to cover up that space inside my heart so that it wouldn't hurt so much. I tried, but it never felt the same. I didn't really feel happier..I just felt like I was betraying you......I was so confused and didn't know what to do...." Now there were tears slowly rolling down her cheeks.
"A-and, when you finally came out again you just...acted like I meant nothing to you......that....that you hated me.." More tears started forming in her eyes.
"And I became sad. And my friends started to try to cheer me up. Creek too. And I tried to act happy. I tried to feel like I belonged with Creek...but I was still not really happy. But I continued to try to see the bright side of everything. To think that maybe one day that you would like me again, or that I actually would fall for Creek the way I had fallen for you. It was hard to think that way. And when you told me the world isn't all cupcakes and rainbows.....I just didn't understand why you hadn't seen that I knew that already. That I had been trying to hold it all inside for so long....."
Branch wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tight. He gently placed one of his hands on her cheek to wipe away her tears. He then looked into her eyes. Both of them had tears in their eyes, but just by looking at eachother made them smile.
They needed no words now.

They leaned closer to eachother, looking into eachothers eyes. Softly closing their eyes as they felt eachothers breath on their lips.

"QUEEN POPPY!? KING BRANCH!?"

Poppy and Branch perked up over the tall grass.

"I think we gotta put on our clothes now."
"Yep."

(The end 😂)
(The last thing is also a midsummer tradition to roll naked in the grass and dew on midsummer. The tradition says that it brings health. XD)

I hope you enjoyed this book💖

(21/06/2020)