The $$60 Billion Man (Part 1)

Dawn sat on a barstool next to Vash, she was drinking a small glass of water. It was hot, and they'd come across this saloon in the middle of nowhere. Not that she was complaining..

"Vash the Stampede?" 

"That's right, he'd the man with the 60 billion double dollars head..they say he showed up in Dankin town recently, made quite the mess I hear." 

"So what happened?" 

"They say the town got wasted! Dankin was buried in corpses. The coffin maker got so rich, he built himself a mansion made of wood!" 

The man whistled "That sounds plain crazy.." Vash finished taking another sip of his drink, he'd been silent since he got it. Dawn was feeling uneasy, all day she had a bad feeling and she knew Vash could tell. When they stepped into the Saloon, Vash made her sit on his side away from the doors and windows. He always did that when she felt uneasy. 

"He's more that crazy..I think it'd be wise to keep a safe distance, messin with Vash is like dancing with death. He leaves a trail of destruction whereever he goes. Women..children..he don't care..he'll kill them all! They call him the Humannoid Typhoon!" 

Dawn glanced over at her lover who was showing no emotion and kept his eyes on the wall in front of them. They were use to the rumors by now, but Dawn always wondered what he was really thinking in that head of his. 

The bartender walked outside with a keg, he made a sound of shock dropping the keg. The loud thud made Dawn jump and Vash put his free hand on her thigh, rubbing circles in it with his thumb. The men paused their card game and looked to the door where the bartender ran off. 

The men watched the door and drew their weapons. The sun was so bright you couldn't see outside which made Dawn even more nervous that before. Suddenly a giant metal object came flying towards the saloon and took the top half completely off. Dawn squeezed her eyes shut and burried her head in Vash's shoulder to keep the debris from getting into her eyes. 

"What's happening?" The taller man asked. The sound of multiple guns cocking made the men run away. 

"Oh no.."Dawn mumbled and the men opened fire, shooting everything that was left in the saloon. All that remained was Vash and Dawn sitting on the barstools, and what was left of the bar. Vash had caught the saloon sign that flew through the air, using it as a shield. He stood up and pushed his yellow glasses up his nosebridge. Dawn sighed knowing what was coming next. 

"Heh..I finally found ya.." 

Vash pulled out his gun..