Prolouge

Vash stood on the balcony of the motel room, leaning against the railing watching the moon and stars. A million thoughts running through his mind, but one thing stayed constant...Dawn. She was the love of his life..his soul..his every reason for being. She was the source of his sanity. His beacon..his home. 

"You should come back to bed..", Two arms wrap around the gunman and a head rests on his back, "It's cold without you." Vash smiles softly and turns to look down at the woman with only a blanket covering her nude body. His hand runs over her blonde hair, the golden tresses slightly knotted from their pervious activites. 

"I thought I wore you out?", the smirk on his face made the woman fall all over again. She rolled her eyes playfully and snuggles into his scarred chest. His heartbeat was like a soothing lullaby as their bodies swayed. She looks up at his ocean blue eyes that were looking at her full of love. 

"Come back to bed.." She pleaded softly missing her love in bed with her. Vash smiled and nodded, letting her pull him into the bed with her. Her smaller frame cuddled right up to his and she fell back to sleep. Vash, still awake layed on his back with one arm around the blonde headed woman and the other behind his head. 

He stared at the roof...

Wondering...

When this was all over..

What will he do? Keep traveling? Settle down? Who knows? 

But one thing stayed constant..Dawn...

Vash looked down and smiled. 

"My beautiful Dawn.."