Two Of A Kind

heyy this is a new book!! i really hope you guys like it. and just for clarification, autumn is a girl and fall is a guy. (just so that nobody gets confused lol)

-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@

AUTUMN POV:

I jump out of the truck, my leather boots splashing against the wet puddle of water on the ground. I turn around and grab my bag before slamming the car door. As i walk, rain drops land lightly in my long dirty blonde hair that falls in light natural curls. I stomp through the rain not glancing at my mother, who is dumping me here at my step dads house for three months while she goes on a mission trip to Africa.

Ive never really enjoyed being around my stepdad, i prefer staying with my real father, but my mother doesn't trust him anymore. Michael, my stepdad, is the most uncaring man i have ever met. He is a big buissnes man, and a snob. He doesn't like many people, and I'm pretty sure he doesnt like me. As i trudge through the wet concrete i walk up a staircase of the huge house that sits on a cliff, next a bunch of other mansions. I have to admit, the house was pretty awesome, and the view is breathtaking. The California coast looks out on the pacific ocean. The waves crash violently against the rocks of the cliff. Even with the dark grey sky and the wind beating against my face, the scene is still gorgeous. I stomp up the stairs to the house, making my mom go first. She knocks on the door lightly and an odd looking, hairy fat man answers the door. He is dressed in a suit and wears an annoyed look on his face. "i will get Mr. Draymen." The man says sophisticatedly and turns on his heel. I roll my eyes, really? A butler?

Minutes later, micheal comes to the door with his best, most charming smile on. "Hello Lauretta." He says to my mom, kissing her hand gently. its so polite it makes me want to puke. I make my best 'disgusted' face at them as micheal pecks my mom on the lips. "good day Autumn." He says with a smile. I give him a half smile and a raise of the eyebrows.

I sigh when he says my name. i seriously think my mom was either drunk when she named me or she just really loves the fall.

Micheal begins babbling to my mom about how much she'll love Africa. "Oh autumn, Dewey will show you to your room." he days, and then begins chatting with my mother again. I nod and turn around to find the chubby butler looking at me, he solutes, rolling his eyes and begins to hobble up the winding staircase with brass railing. I give him a weird look then follow him up and we reach a room. "Here is your room." He sighs and opens the door. I glance in, overtaken by the beautiful room. The walls are painted a light, crisp blue. and in the center of the room hangs a large crystal chandelier. In the middle of three windows that overlook the ocean, sits a bed draped in a white canopy with crystal accents all over it. Its like a palace, the walls have a lace design on them. I slowly walk to the bed and throw my bag down on it. I look around, no tv, great...

I sit there admiring the room for a few more seconds until i hear my mom calling for me. "Autumn, im leaving!" I walk to the top of the stairs, "ok bye." I say. "love you, see you in a few months!" She says cheerfully. She says final goodbye to Michael, and heads out the door.

I trot down the stairs, unsure of what to do. I awkwardly walk around the house and I find Michael sitting at the kitchen table eating a bagel with his laptop in his lap. "What are you doing?" He asks as if I just walked down here naked. "Im just walking around, checking this place out, looking for something to do." I say, in an obvious tone. "look, I'm not here for entertainment." He rolls his eyes. "I cant beleive my mom ever married you." I mumble under my breath. "what was that?" He asks. "nothing." I reply. "You know I don't have to let you stay here, I could dump you on the street. In fact, that would be better, at least for me." anger builds inside of me. what did I ever do to him? I clench my fists to keep from attacking him. I give him a dirty look and he replies with pain filled eyes. I give him a questionable look. "I have a- massive... headache." he groans. I ignore him and turn to walk back up the stairs and into my room. I dump out my bag on the bed and grab a dry pair of clothes. I slide back on the leather boots I already had on and open the front door. "Im going out!" I call angrily before slamming the door. I begin walking to the driveway when I realize, I don't have a car. I groan and walk back inside, where dewey stands with a grin on his face. "I presume you need a car miss Autumn?" He says holding out a pair of keys. "whos keys are these?" I ask him. "your stepdads, he owns many vehicles you know?" He asks. I shrug. "good enough for me. thanks dewey." I snatch the keys out of his hand and run out the door. Ill have to help him out later on. I click the lock button on the keys to try and figure out wich car it is. I hear a honk and look around to find the lights of a black camero shining through the light rain. I grin and get inside the car i turn it on and speed down the driveway.