Chapter 4

It was a Tuesday afternoon when Louis finally cornered Harry after their last class of the day. Harry mumbled something about needing to go home and help his mum and quickly walked towards his car. This only angered Louis and he followed him through the parking lot.

"Harry!" He shouted, making making a few people turn their heads.

Harry stopped right beside his car and turned around. "I need to go-"

"No." Louis snapped, stepping forward. "No, shut up! You're avoiding me and I need to know why!" He crossed his arms over his chest. "Because I thought we were good. I thought you were one of my best friends." Louis stopped and Harry's face fell when he saw the tears in Louis' eyes.

"Lou-" He was cut off once again.

"What happened? Did I say something? Did I do something?" A tear rolled down his cheek and he took another step closer, wrapping his arms around himself. "I thought we could even be more than friends. I fell for you and then you stopped talking to me. You stopped looking at me. You stopped noticing that I exist." His voice broke at the same time as Harry's heart.

"Louis." Harry shook his head, sighing quietly. "You didn't do anything. I-I really need to go. I'll call you okay?" He watched Louis break into into a million pieces as he got into his car and drove away.

He wanted to stay and smooth things over but he had to get to work if he didn't want to be fired.

It was well past midnight when he got off work but he had thought about Louis all day everyday and he knew it wouldn't stop any time soon. So he made a decision. He would just need to be careful. He couldn't cut Louis out of his life. He physically couldn't and the past weeks were miserable without him.

So Harry snuck into his neighbor's backyard and cut a rose from the rose bushes and sucked and his thumb when he pricked his finger. It healed almost instantly.

He hopped the fence again and got into his car, driving to Louis'. He parked down a few houses and then got out, going up to the front door.

He decided against ringing the doorbell, not wanting to wake Louis' dad. Instead he climbed up the side of the house and walked over to Louis' window, tapping lightly.

Thankfully he was still awake, judging by the light on his face from his phone.

He jumped at the noise and slowly got up, walking to the window. He lifted the glass and squinted his eyes. "What are you doing on my roof?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Didn't want to wake your family." Harry shrugged. "Can we talk?" He held out the rose and smiled charmingly.

Louis pursed his lips and plucked the rose from his hand. “You’ve got five minutes.” He narrowed his eyes, stepping back to let Harry in.

He climbed into Louis' room and started talking as soon as his feet hit the floor. “I was scared okay? I didn’t know if you were even into guys and we had a good friendship. When I started to fall for you I thought it would go away but it didn’t, so I pushed you away, which only made things worse. I missed you. I missed my best friend. I never meant to hurt you.” Harry took Louis’ hand and brought it up to his lips, kissing the back of it. "Can you please forgive me?" He looked into Louis' eyes and sighed quietly.

Louis tried to bite back his smile as he gazed up at Harry. "God, you're such an idiot." He grinned as he stood up on his tiptoes to press their lips together.

Harry was was a bit surprised, not expecting to be forgiven so easily - He had planned out his speech thoroughly during his break- but he instantly kissed back, one hand resting on the small of Louis' back, bringing him closer. Louis' dainty hands were on either side of his face, holding him there as if he would pull away.

Louis' lips were soft and smooth while Harry's were slightly chapped and dry, creating a delicious friction between them.

Harry felt one of Louis' hands creeping into his hair and smiled as his fingers curled around the strands of his messy curls.

Harry pulled back after after moment but didn't move away. He could feel Louis' warm breath on his lips and if he stretched out his fingers a bit he could feel the dimples at the base of Louis' spine.

"So, that was nice." Louis bit his lip, giggling quietly. Harry reached up to push his fringe out of his eyes and kissed his forehead.

"It was." He let his fingers ghost along Louis' spine, not moving away yet. "I'm sorry for avoiding you."

Louis shook his head and pecked his lips again. "I'll forgive you if you take me on a date."

"Deal." Harry grinned, squeezing his hip.

He smiled so wide it hurt and for once he felt no worry or doubt. Sure, it would be hard to date a werewolf hunter's son, and eventually a hunter, but they could do it. Harry would keep his inner wolf at bay.

****

A/N

Hiii xx
Hope you all are enjoying the story so far!  (Be sure to spread the word if you are!) I love your comments so don't be shy! I'm also open to suggestions, so you can comment those if you want :)
Thanks x
-Claire