Part 7

Nico was snapped out of his thoughts by the door sliding open. A bleach-blonde boy that looked rather like a ferret walked in. He was flanked by two other large boys with meaty fists and legs, arms crossed against their chests. It looked a bit like a bad movie scene where the antagonist bullies the protagonist. Now, Nico supposed that was what was actually happening, except with fewer cameras.

The ferret scanned the Golden Trio and shifted his gaze to the demigods. His ugly sneer lessened but didn't fully disappear.

"Draco Malfoy, and you are?" He said in a lazy drawl.

"Thalia Grace, Percy Jackson, and Nico di Angelo," Thalia said, tired of repeating their names so many times.

"Pureblood, half-blood, or mudblood?" Ferret asked.

"Half-bloods. Problem?" Thalia said dangerously. Malfoy turned up his nose a bit but held out his hand.

"You shouldn't keep this kind of company. Come sit with me, instead." He said, glaring at the Golden Trio.

"Excuse me?" Percy said, almost laughing. "I prefer to be friends with prejudiced bigots that have a strong Octavion vibe." He said. Nico nodded.

"Yeah, surprised he doesn't carry around a knife and teddy bears." Nico laughed. Even Thalia cracked a smile. Ferret seemed confused but offended nonetheless. Thalia took his still outstretched hand and sent a shock through him. His back straightened and his eyes opened wide, he opened his mouth but didn't say anything.

"Bye, bye, now." She said sweetly. He turned and walked out the carriage, not before Nico solidified the shadows and made him trip. It exhausted him slightly but it was worth it. His goons tripped over him and Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the demigods were all rolling in laughter. When they left, Ron looked over at them.

"What did you do to him?" He asked, still laughing. Thalia gave a sly smile.

"Nothing. Well, just gave him a little . . . shock." She said. The demigods laughed larder.

"He was so scared it was like he tripped over his own shadow," Nico said. They laughed even more.

"How did you shock him?" Hermione said, inquisitive but still with a smile on her face.

"Magic," Thalia said suggestively, wiggling her fingers. Even Hermione laughed.

"We should change, we're almost there," Harry said, looking out the window.

"Dumbledore said we didn't need to wear robes," Nico said in Greek.

"Why?" Percy asked in the same language.

"We're here to protect them. Hecate said that Voldemort might have struck up a deal with monsters, promised them something, maybe? We're here to make sure none of them get to him. Greek monsters are immune to spells. In case we need to fight, it would be easier without those impractical robes." Nico explained, the necklace giving him the answers. Thalia nodded,

"At least we won't have to wear them. They ugly." Percy said.

"We will still have to wear our house's colors," Nico replied. All three nodded and turned back to the Trio.

"What language was that?" Hermione asked.

"Greek. We learned it at our Cam- I mean School." They all looked guarded and suspicious again.

"What did you say?" Harry asked.

"I said Dumbledore told me we didn't need to wear robes because we weren't used to it. We wore casual clothes." They all nodded but looked like they didn't fully believe him. Well, he wasn't telling them the full truth.

"We should go change," Harry said, getting up and walking out of the compartment with the other two.

When they were gone, Thalia turned to them.

"That Annabeth-like girl is really annoying." She said. Percy nodded, brushing past the Annabeth comment.

"Dumbledore said they might be suspicious." Nico said, "They think we're Death Eaters." He struggled to keep a straight face but Thalia and Percy burst out laughing and Nico couldn't hold it in any longer, they were still laughing when the Trio came back into the compartment a few minutes later.

"Oh, my gods!" Percy said, catching his breath.

"That's gold!" Thalia said, wiping tears from her eyes.

"What's so funny?" Asked Ron.

"Death Eaters!" Percy said, "What kind of name is that?" Harry's expression closed off and Ron and Hermione's face's turned, once again, suspicious.

"Who would want to eat him? That's disgusting!" Thalia said, either not noticing or not caring about their reactions. Harry opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the train screeching to a halt. They all looked out the window at the most magnificent castle they had ever seen. Percy gasped, "Annabeth would love this." He said. Nico and Thalia nodded their ascent.

"She would want to map it out." Thalia agreed.

"I think she'd faint." Nico said. Nico could feel something else, too. He didn't have time to think about it as they were getting off now.

They all stood up and got off the train, walking up. They saw a giant calling for first years and all the demigods' hands went to their weapons.

"Half-giant," said Percy. Harry noticed and raised a hand.

"He's fine, he's nice." He said. Nico reluctantly took his hand off of his skull ring, where his sword was hidden, Thalia took her hand off of her bracelet, and Percy took his hand out of his pocket, off of Riptide.

A woman with a bun at the nape of her neck and a frown creasing her face came up to them.

"The exchange students, I presume." She said, a clipped British accent in her voice. Thalia nodded.

"Follow Hagrid, you'll be sorted with the first years." She pointed to the half-giant and they uneasily walked over, waving to the Golden Trio as they walked away. They went up to Hagrid and as they approached, he whipped around.

"Buttered toast," he mumbled, "Yer half-bloods!" He shouted. Percy took an uneasy step back.

"Um, yeah, we're here to protect Harry Potter," Nico said in Greek. Hagrid scrunched his massive eyebrows together.

"Lady Hecate send ya?" He asked. Nico nodded.

"Let's go then. Let's get you sorted!"

They made their way into the Great Hall and however wonderful the Train Station was, This hall was better.

Nico's attention immediately drifted to the ceiling. There were constellations burning across the sky with clouds partially covering parts of them. Nico loved it, too.

They were ushered to the front and the three demigods felt odd looming over the sea of eleven-year-olds. They waited as a hat and stool were brought to the front and the hat started singing.

When the hat was done, names were called to the front, the hat was placed on their heads, and the hat decided where to put them.

Eventually, Nico was called to the front and the hat was put on his head.