Prolog

Welcome to the Unknown Kingdom, where magic rules. Let's tell you a brief history for the Unknown Kingdom.

The Unknown Kingdom's people do not worship gods but Dragons. The Great Dragons. Two in piticular. The Dragon of Creation; Sosaku. And the dragon of Desolation; Mors. As you could guess one destroys as the other creates. They both understood that they were both needed and with out one sets everything apart. In hence they worked together. They were considered the first Dragons, though not called it at the time.

They ruled side by side until one day someone came before them. A young Stag bowed before them, asking for help. Another clan had raided their meadows, killing their young for sport rather then hunger. The two brothers we're reasonably concerned, dismissing the Stag to think.

"We should stop them," Sosaku tells his brother, "It is not right."

Mors thought about the actions with consideration, "It might not be right brother, but with out distortion how will new begin to grow? I say we let them fight. Let the stronger Clan survive as victor."

Sosaku saw his brother's point of view but it didn't sit right with him, "One dispute can ravage the lands killing far more then just one clan."

"I see that brother but it is only a small Clan dispute. We should let them solve it themselves. If we always remain as keepers they can not evolve into an ever changing world." Mors would not budge.

"Well I'm going to help."

Mors felt the annoyance for his brother's ever caring heart for the weak, "Do as you want and I will do as I want."

That small dispute grew and grew, each brother then picking at each other's flaws until Mors had enough of his brother's stupidity and left. The balance soon begin to shift. Near Sosaku's home everything flourished so much that the trees grew themselves to death. Mor's home was the exact opposite. Nothing grew, and what managed to peek through something would snatch it up.

Their dislike turned to hatred before assassinations were attempted by each of their followings. Conflicts on their defined borders grew and grew. Until the Last Battle started. Mors and Sosaku were through with battle after battle. When they stepped on to that battle field no mercy was shared. When they walked off they were the only two beings left. Every Creature, Beast, and Monster they had ever created was gone. The land had not grass left and the water had been dried out.

"Look what we have done!" Sosaku released first, feeling the pain sink into his heart.

Mors looked around frowning, "There is nothing left to destroy." He noted turning to look at his brother, "Now it's your turn."

"I can not create alone. I need help." Sosaku noted.

Mors nodded, "Nor can I. We need a being both Creative and Destructive."

And so the brothers pact never to fight each other again, starting instead to create the perfect being of balance. First they made the seas once again, knowing water was key to the life they wanted back. Mors being the trickery one he was put salt in the largest bodies of water, telling his brother that no being could grow too strong to rival themselves. 

Sosaku just thought it was a way for Mors to throw a wrench in peace plans. He also relised that's what Mors is suppose to do. Every thing Sosaku did Mors put a spin. Where there was light, there was shadows. Where he made Giant mountains, Mors made the air so cold that it snowed. Where the valleys were carved out, avalanches followed. But they worked hand in hand with each being they made.

Each being was just one step closer and closer to the perfect being. The first brake was what they called ghouls. It also caused one of the biggest arguments the brothers had since the Last Battle. Mors had put a wrench in Ghouls that countered nearly everything Sosaku made them to be. Mors had countered that their good wasn't good enough if only on counter made them the way they are.

After heated debate and more then one shaking land with their arguments, they broke down the good and bad of Ghouls. They had greed but no drive. Motive with no restraint. Next they made Dwarves. It was that step forward that had both Mors and Sosaku grin. But they were so greed filled for gems and protective of them as much as their families.

It made them think and start again. Next was a step back with the Fae. The Fae were far more pride full and greedy then what ones but they honored other life, only taking what they needed. Elves was next pulling on better aspects and for once it was too good. The Elves were knew the land and the land knew them, with the fault of untrusting of others.

Sosaku and Mors had felt frustrated.

"There has to be something we are missing." Sosaku said one day.

Mors thought through the Fae, Dwarves, and Elves once more. It had clicked. That one thing all of them hand. Speaking up to his brother, "I do not think we are missing anything but one thing too much."

"I'm listening."

"They all are woven with the land." Mors told his brother, "Like we are and everything we have ever made is. What if we take that away and with everything you make I counter with something equally?"

Sosaku hummed, "We could. It might be dangers."

And so they created the first humans but little did the two dragon brothers know that it was those same beings that sealed them some eons later.

~Jewels Wolf