5

Coven
We returned to our table and I waited on him to speak.

"That guy looked like he was giving you a hard time so I step in. Nothing more, nothing less"  he said looking over the menu.

" Well thank you Carver" I said lost for words. How  could someone so handsome be soo bleh I thought to myself.

" Who was that guy anyways" Carver asked

I didn't want to answer him, but I did anyways

" That was my ex-husband, Brennan" I said in a low tone. I didn't trust my voice although I haven't cried over him in years. I don't know why I'm feeling this way.

He looked up at me and stared for a moment

"You were married to him? Why" he said in a concerned voice.

"I met him in college at a party, we were two totally different people and I guess that's what I liked about him. I simply fell in love with him,we got married, had kids and the rest was history." I said drinking my wine.

"Where did things go wrong" he asked

Now I normally don't tell a stranger my business, but fuck it what's the worst that can happen. It's not like we're going to be together.

"If you really would like to know, I think our second kid really did the number on us.Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but I should have listened to my body. I was just so caught up in making him happy, I didn't give a damn about myself. With that being said, I gave him his second son and I damn near died."

"Once our second son turned five that's when I started noticing a change in him. He was coming home late, he wouldn't touch me or really speak to me. What's worst is that my kids saw all of this and decided to act just like their father so when he divorced me, not only did I lose my husband, I lost my kids as well." I said looking down, afraid of what looks he might give me.

It was too quiet so I looked back up to see him looking at me with a blank stare. As if he was somewhere else.

"I'm sorry if that was too much." I told him laughing and bring him back to earth.

"Oh no you're okay, you can continue" he told me

" I'll rather not, so tell me a little something about yourself" I told him not wanting to go deeper in my past.

We order and Carter told me about him and his life. I have to say if he wasn't an  asshole I would consider him as a partner but I'm not trying to go down that road again.

We paid for our food and the rest of the night was history.