~Chapter one~

Tears stream down my mascara stained face as I walk through the empty streets. I'm not even sure why I was crying this time.
I shudder as a icy, sharp wind brushes by my cheek bringing back fresh memories which I don't want to deal with.
Before I knew it I was running as fast as I could before I collapsing on the hard concrete.

I saw the bruises that were forming on my knees, "Fucking perfect."

I took out a cigarette from my pocket and searched my pockets for a lighter, to my dismay I couldn't find it. Couldn't I have one last smoke before I die? I sat on the cold ground frustrated.

I threw the cigarette, maybe some one would find it, my last act of charity. Or my last of many sin. Whatever.

Should I update my Facebook status?

"Hey peeps brb going to kill myself. Or actually, no brb lel!!"

I laugh at the thought. Am I going insane?

I look up and suddenly became aware of my surroundings. I'm in the middle of an empty road, some street lights ahead and in front of me an underpass. I look up to see a full moon and a velvety, blue sky. It's so dark, it was as if someone had thrown a moth-eaten blanket over the earth, and the stars were the little holes that had been eaten away by the insects.
Dark. Too dark.

My breath started quickening into panicky gasps and my body started shaking I needed to get away from the dark. I ran to the underpass, kicking off one of my sneakers as I ran. The lights at the top began to calm my nerves.
As I sat on the side, I finally started to breathe normally, I looked at my phone. I cringe at the sound of the voice operator telling me I have no voice messages. I mimic her voice, I heard that a million times. I think I'm going insane.

A twisted smile creeps up on my face as I see a car in the distance about to come to the under pass. I get up not wanting to miss the opportunity. I position myself in the middle, the car could never miss me.
A tear rolls down my cheek anticipating the pain about to hit me. Atleast I wouldn't have to feel the pain of the rest off my life.
I watch the headlights coming closer.

Closer.
Closer.
Closer.

"Good bye cruel world." I whisper.

From there on there is only darkness.

But I wasn't afraid of it, I embrace it.

Oh God, I hope this is the end.