Sex (6)

I honestly had no idea what I was going to do.

Although, that was basically my thought process for everything as of late. I had had my whole life planned out, and now that I was free to choose, I really had no idea what to do.

Nonetheless, trying to stop my ex-best friend from conquering Earth definitely kept me distracted from my dilemma enough.

I rounded a corner of the base, practicing the few lines I had decided to start with, when a flash of red caught my vision and sharp pain sprouted from my skull.

"I'm so sorry!" I cried, rubbing my head as I locked eyes with the beautiful agent, Natasha Romanoff. "I wasn't looking where I was going, and I-I... I apologize for bumping into you."

"More like slamming into me." She grinned, running a hand over her forehead delicately. "No one mentioned Asgardians have such hard bones."

I laughed, feeling a small bit of warmth in my chest, like I had felt watching the interactions between Tony Stark, and the other men that were brought on this mission.

It was strange. I couldn't remember the last time I laughed and it didn't sound hollow.

I recalled the moments my mother had tried cheering me up after she'd gotten better, but back then I was still depressed over Loki's fake death. And Thor never was the greatest joker.

Sorrow pushed its way into my mind as I recollected the last time I had really been happy. Of course, it had to be before all of this had happened. Before Thor was banished, when I still thought we loved each other, and during small moments when Loki and I sneaked off to get into trouble.

He was the only one who understood me; the only one who could make me laugh and drive me crazy all at the same time.

And that made me sad and furious.

"Do you think you'll be able to get any information from Loki?" Natasha professionally asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I scratched the back of my neck shyly. "I... well, I was just going to go talk to him. But I'm not sure if he'll really tell me anything."

The redhead sighed, and placed a hand on my shoulder, her serious eyes softening. "Maybe you should wait a little. I was going to ask him about someone myself, and I wouldn't want to be getting in your way. I think you have things you need to figure out before you face him, anyways."

I was a bit sceptical, but she seemed extremely sincere, and I knew she was right. I needed to make sense of my feelings, so that I didn't lose control.

I nodded after a few seconds of hesitation. "You're right. I do need to figure some things out. Thank you."

She smiled, and whispered, "Watch where you're going this time." Before she walked past me towards Loki's imprisonment.

        I sighed, and paced around the base, trying to organize my thoughts without bringing everyone within a 20 mile radius into a new Ice Age.

      Fact 1: Loki had lied to me, and pretended to be someone else for who knows how long.

       That obviously brought me a lot of hurt and distrust.

      Fact 2: in some twisted, complicated way, he regretted all of that, and he loved me.

       But was that enough to dismiss his behaviour?

       Fact 3: he faked his death, further forcing me to doubt anything he says.