𝒊'𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

[RAISON D'ETRE]

1.01 || i'd happily handle the backlash

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Dumbass dropped his bag like all the way over there. He's fucked. We should go. I think just staying to watch him die is mean." 

Adaline says, gesturing at the bag across the street from the guy they were watching. "Ada, we can't just go." Glenn argues.

"His horse is dead. And it's distracting some of the dead for now but it's not exactly the most permanent solution because there's a lot of dead and not a lot of horse left. He's screwed. Let's just go before we get stuck here." Adaline says.

"Ada, we can help him. We can't just leave him for dead." Glenn says.

"Well, why the hell not?" Adaline asks.

"Ada, I don't have the time right now to explain why we can't leave someone for dead in the middle of the street. We just need to help him." Glenn says and she huffs impatiently.

"Fine. If he gets in the tank, there'll be a radio and we can talk to him." Adaline says.

"Thank you." Glenn says and she shrugs.

"He has to survive to get in the tank for that information to be useful, though." She says.

"I don't need pessimism right now, Ada." Glenn says.

"Well, you're not going get optimism from me so, take it. I could knock you out and drag you back to the rest of the group." Adaline says and he frowns. "What? I wouldn't do it. You'd slow me down if there was any dead in the way." She says and he sighs.

"We'll work on that." He says and she frowns.

"Work on what?" She asks.

"Don't worry about it. Just know we'll work on it." Glenn responds before looking back down at the street and she rolls her eyes, shaking her head a little before looking back down at the street too. "See, he's heading for the tank." Glenn says.

"Fantastic, he has some semblance of common sense." Adaline responds dryly.

"You're making this very difficult right now." Glenn says and she shrugs.

"You're the one that insists on working with me all the time." Adaline responds.

"Yeah, I know." He responds.

Adaline huffs impatiently before they hear something slam shut at down on the street. "I guess he made it into the tank. That's impressive. Really didn't think he would." She says and then a second later, a loud bang echoes from inside the tank and Adaline frowns. "Are you serious?"

"Should I radio now?" Glenn asks.

"Give it a second." She responds.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because if I'm right, that second bang was him firing a shot inside the sealed tank which means his hearing is gonna be a little iffy right this second." Adaline responds.

"Why do you know all of this?" He asks.

"Again. Why am I the only person prepared for an apocalypse?" Adaline asks and Glenn rolls his eyes at her. "Try it now." She says and Glenn sighs before lifting the radio. "The frequency should be fine. We took the radio off one of the military guys' bodies anyway." She says and he nods.