Getting The Connection

I unlocked the door to my office and spotted a familiar face sitting in my chair,I sighed and walked around to the couch.I knew there was only one person that would even have a key,better yet the audacity to even come in here and sit in my chair.

“Business is going good I see Nakia,Love the place.”The man with the half black and silver goatee said,some might know him as ghost,I on the other hand Know him as dad.

“Thanks,I thought you and mom was leaving today?”I aske baffled as to why he was still here,they were pose to be hours away in florida by now.I watched as the man in his well forties but looks good enough to be in his thirties just twirl the wine he had in his hands around,he has to be here for another reason.

“Had to cancel the flight,I wasn't sure that my children are fit yet to continue what I started.”He said confidently,Taking a sip of the whine.I rolled my eyes and placed my hands near the crevasies of the couch,this man never thought we were tough enough.

“I'm telling you we can handle this,I mean you and uncle Virgil did teach us.I believe there are never any bad students,just bad teachers.”I countered back to him,the atmosphere in the room raised to an extreme level.He straightened up in the chair,looking at me with his most serious face.

“Well lets just give you a finale test.”With those last words he pulled out a handgun,knowing the game he was playing at the same time he drawed so did I.Guiding my hands down into the beige couch and found what I was looking for,I grabbed them tight and pulled them out.I however had two silver pistols already locked and loaded.

“So did I pass?Or do I have to pull the trigger.”My sadistic tone was something I inherited from this man,he was a great teacher,as a father I was still confused where to place him.I stared at his grey eyes,the room was silenced.

“Well I'll let you pass today,but there are still more tests to come little one.”He put his gun away and stood up,I did the same.He walked from around the desk,now if you looked at him then me there was no doubt I was his child.I however was the only one to inherit green eyes from my great grandmother,but as far as complexions I was the same high yellow as him.

“Why are you really here ghost?”I asked walking to my desk as he goes to the couch,he was never one to play games so there was another reason he was here.

“Well,your brother just informed me of something I believe you and your sister Tyra need to handle.”He paused,his phone started to ring it was mom no doubt but he continued to let it ring. “Like I was saying,your brother has told me one of the families known territories has been shot up last night.Profit was lost and so was the dealers lives,now I need you two to handle that.The cubans never played about their money and the end of the week is when collection is coming,If I was you I'd dip into the stash you got.”

“Thanks ghost,But we can hadle that.As far as where it a blood bath,who turned the faucet on?”I asked,there was only one person I could think of,the only person who despised this family more than anything.

“Your smart,I'm sure you already know.Now for that you're brother is gonna handle it,I raised you all right, to be smart and sensible.When I leave don't ever forget all you have is each other and my brother,so stay safe and play smart.”He said as if I havent heard this many times before,I nodded and watched him get up.We walked over to me,his cologne filling my nostrils,he always looked and smelled the best.He put his hand on my black curls and kissed my forehead,he patted my shoulder then I heard the door click behind me.

I inhaled and exhaled,I knew the next two days was gonna be crucial.I turned my mac laptop on and started to check out the news reports,it was the normal.Five found dead,known drug dealers,shooted not found.It was the same I was acoustomed to,leave em dead and leave no trace of you're existencce.That was the main reason my father was nicked named in the streets as ghost,also his brother,virgil had a similar name,Casper.

These two were very deadly and powerful men,they were known in the streets for a very long time.They set up the system in the south side,they could kill and no one would ever knew who did it.They were the same but also very different,my dad was the oldest and always made sure his little brother got his.

About three months ago the drug game my father set in place to have us set for life almost was shattered,by someone we would never would've thought.My fathers first cousin,he was also apart of there group,he was greedy man and wanted everything.He also got addicted to his own supply,so that caused a prolbem.

One day he went berserk,he broke into my fathers house and held my mother at gunpoint.He was a fiend and my father was furious,but destined to protect his wife he gave him what he wanted.To bad you can never trust a fiend,excited that my father was giving in his finger slipped.The trigger was pulled and there was one less bullet in the cartridge,My mom was only grazed because of the gunmans shaking hand.

My mom grew up with my father and uncle so she never objected to the life that was lived,hell she even helped.When we were born she gave it up,she knew we need some sort of normal in our lives.Since that day however my father decided that it was time to pass down the torch to let his children handle what he started,he gave us a option where to adapt to this lifestyle,we all accepted it.

Now me and my siblings are taking over and the south side will see,that ghost’s children can be just as deadly as him,maybe even more

Let me know how you liked the prolouge ^.^