Black Women Put Yourself First.

Black women have been everything to everybody. It is high time WE as women take back our power and reclaim our time.

Black women are simply asking to be seen and heard. Our lives matter, when you or anyone else yells 'Black Lives Matter" I hope you are considering women such as Breyona Taylor, Oluwatoyin Salau, Nakia Crawford, Dominique Fells, Riah Milton and so many more wonderful spirits.

Our lives in and out of our communities are in danger. I saw some tweets that said "black women are fighting 2 wars rn" when really we are fighting multiple, it's coming from every angle.

Malcom X did not lie when he said 'The most disrespected woman in America is the Black woman' not only that but we often can not even turn to our own community for protection and safety. As I grow older the more I realized how messed up we (black people) are to the women in our community. It is not just men that are perpetuating some of the many dangerous ideologies but women as well.

That hurts my heart.

How a woman can watch another woman suffer abuses and assaults at the hand of male 'friends' and think it's normal or it'll work itself out is beyond me. How a man can not check his disrespectful friends or uphold them in the assaults of women physically, and verbally is beyond me.

We are failing Black women and girls left and right. A few weeks ago Dejah Harris made a post on Twitter about the things that are swept under the rug with in Black families and was told to shut up because it was in the midst of the George Floyd murder. Not only was she disrespected but she was told it 'wasn't time' to discuss the topic of abuse women and children face. Why?

Black women also face police brutality, we face micro aggressions on a major scale, we face colorisim, racism, sexism, misogynoir, and much more. So when women speak up and are silenced it's disgusting.

There seems to never be a right time for Black women to speak up and voice our concerns about our well being. Black women deserve tender love and care and stable relationships.  We deserve to be able to make mistakes (I.e B.Simone) and recover from them and grow as women. We deserve to tell our stories without being interrupted or being called dramatic and then being silenced. We also deserve to have a say and make choices on what we want without feeling like outcasts.

We matter. You matter. Your life is important to me, you don't deserve to be slain. You don't deserve to be canceled, you don't deserve to be silenced, you don't deserve to be chastised unprovoked. You deserve light and love, you deserve a prosperous life. You deserve a safe space and to be protected. Black women, I love you. Take care of you first.

I know that can be hard especially when you want to stand up and fight for everyone else, but who's fighting for you?

While this short text isn't even the tip of the ice berg to what I want to say, I figure it is enough for now.
I've decided to start ranting, or in this case commentating again. I have so much I want to discuss with you all. Excuse any typo. Until next time.

-Kennedy