Chapter 12: The Troublesome Prince

About a month had passed since the party.

Karlyle was fairly busy the last few weeks instructing those who would take over most of the estate's management for the two years he needed to attend school.

But finally all the preparations were complete and Alythia and Karlyle had now settled into the Academy's dorms.

Today was the entrance ceremony and Alythia felt a rush of excitement sweep over her.

After getting into her school uniform she glanced around the newly furnished room.

Her roommate had yet to arrive so Alythia hadn't the slightest idea who it would be. However, she hoped it would at least be someone she could get along with and that wouldn't make her years at the academy too troublesome.

Alythia smiled at the idea of avoiding any and all problematic people – apart from Karlyle of course since circumventing him was next to impossible.

Just then a knock came from the door.

She thought it would be Karlyle since he had promised to come fetch her before the ceremony.

Thus she swiftly glided across the room and hurriedly unlocked the door.

However, what met her instead was a black mop of hair, a pair of golden eyes, and a foolish grin.

"Pinky!! Long time no see, how've you been?" the boy asked in an overly friendly manner, placing his arm around her shoulder.

Alythia's face contorted and she pushed her tongue out in disgust.

'Why do I have to deal with this guy so early in the morning?' she thought as she quickly slid out from under his arm.

"What does ink-for-locks want? If its bleach I can't help you"

The Prince noticed the irritation practically oozing out of her voice.

"Eh? Pinky, are you insulting the crown?" the boy responded with an arched brow, in a tone that seemed to challenge her.

Alythia let out an inward sigh "I wouldn't dream of it your Highness, the name is merely a sign of my affection. Can't a lady innocently appreciate the beautiful black locks of our country's crown prince without being accused of treason?" she mockingly asked.

He stared at her in disbelief. "Watch it, don't say stuff like that – even as a joke. Do you think I want to die?"

The Prince shook his head in a disapproving way "Kyle's too smitten to listen to reason so he may very well kill me just for receiving your fake compliments"

A wide smirk replaced the disgusted expression on the girl's face "Well your Highness, wouldn't that be a shame" she said, her voice overflowing with sarcasm.

Blake's forehead wrinkled into a deep frown. After a few moments, however, he heaved out a sigh and his face returned to its original state. "I'll let that go since you're my best friend's girl. Now listen ----"